penalise this!!

wheyward

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've just got in from carding a no return in my monthly medal, dont know whether to cry or stick my clubs on ebay?

started the round off with a stunning drive down the middle followed by a shank into the heavy, heavy rough. lost ball... double bogey. I steadied the ship with a birdie on 2 but by the time I got to the sixth tee my card already had a big NR written on it! :-(

on the fifth hole I found a green side bunker, bladed the ball out due to a lack of sand, ball ended up in the v.long rough (open style). I found it, played it and left it in the cabbage, played it a second time. this time I didnt see where it went, but the club snagged up and I felt the ball hit my foot. from there I couldnt find it anywhere!! :-( I dropped a ball for a lost ball, but ultimately gave up as I could feel the red mist coming over me!

my question is, how many penalty shots should I have marked for this collection of errors?

hope this provides somw enjoyment to someone out.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
sounds like me last week, only thing to do is laugh it off. My clubs were ready for the nearest skip afterwards lol.

Not sure on penalties, NR seems easiest outcome tbh.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive just got back from a medal NR.
My drive to a narrow fairway (Hole 8) went up through a tree top on the left as did another player with us (quite common) and all three of us were sure it went through and would be found.
Basic error.
It wasn't and in the interest of not causing a hold up by returning to the tee I NR'd.
My immediate thought was "Well that's me out so I'll just drop a ball and play it up anyway".
I'll never hit a better wood off the fairway, it was glorious.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
my question is, how many penalty shots should I have marked for this collection of errors?

hope this provides somw enjoyment to someone out.

Far too much pain in there to give enjoyment to any remotely sensitive person :eek:

Just 2 penalty strokes - 1 for deflecting your ball with your foot (19-2) and 1 (+distance) for your lost ball.

Every time I go out for a game, my wife says, "Have fun." You can tell she isn't a golfer :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You shouldn't have NR'd

You can still put in your card for h/cap purposes even if you don't complete a hole... you just write NR in the score part of the card for that hole and carry on. The NR will be counted as a net double bogie for h/cap purposes....you're still in the game (for a h/cap reduction) and a couple of birdies later in your round will really help :D

So you can (for example) finish level par with 2 NR's and in theory you'd be h/capped as a round that was 4 over par (but you're out of the comp).

Last edited:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You shouldn't have NR'd

You can still put in your card for h/cap purposes even if you don't complete a hole... you just write NR in the score part of the card for that hole and carry on. The NR will be counted as a net double bogie for h/cap purposes....you're still in the game (for a h/cap reduction) and a couple of birdies later in your round will really help :D

So you can (for example) finish level par with 2 NR's and in theory you'd be h/capped as a round that was 4 over par (but you're out of the comp).

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?58149-NR-and-1st-buffer!

email yesterday confirmed I'd buffered despite NR-ing the 12th!

wheyward

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yer congratulations, that's impressive!! I did score my back nine just so that I could try to cheer myself up, but there was no avoiding the inevitable extra 0.1 !!

My_HarrisTweed_Cap

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ive just got back from a medal NR.
My drive to a narrow fairway (Hole 8) went up through a tree top on the left as did another player with us (quite common) and all three of us were sure it went through and would be found.
Basic error.
It wasn't and in the interest of not causing a hold up by returning to the tee I NR'd.
My immediate thought was "Well that's me out so I'll just drop a ball and play it up anyway".
I'll never hit a better wood off the fairway, it was glorious.

This is the bit you need to create all the time. What was going through your head when you hit that shot? I would imagine not a lot. Keep the mind calm, you know how to hit a golf ball.

The mind is a wonderful thing.