Pele

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

Sad news coming out that he is very poorly now and being prepared for end of life care. The GOAT in my eyes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah sad news , didn’t really see much of him as a player - legend in Escape to Victory

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Talking to a guy wednesday night whilst i took Layla to martial arts, he played for Chesterfield. He was telling me He went to a Chesterfield legends night. Gordon Banks was there and he did a speech. He was talking about the game v Brazil in 1970 and the save. Banksy said “I have to swear to get the effect of that moment across”. He said when the ball was played across I was scrambling and I saw all the Brazil players in front of me”. (He reeled them off but I cannot remember them). Banksy then said “ bloody hell its Pele” and he launched himself across and he made the save. His swear word was bloody. He also said he is the greatest player he has ever seen.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Talking to a guy wednesday night whilst i took Layla to martial arts, he played for Chesterfield. He was telling me He went to a Chesterfield legends night. Gordon Banks was there and he did a speech. He was talking about the game v Brazil in 1970 and the save. Banksy said “I have to swear to get the effect of that moment across”. He said when the ball was played across I was scrambling and I saw all the Brazil players in front of me”. (He reeled them off but I cannot remember them). Banksy then said “ bloody hell its Pele” and he launched himself across and he made the save. His swear word was bloody. He also said he is the greatest player he has ever seen.

The place I worked at got a load of free tickets for some Euro 96 games. I went to Spain vs Romania at Elland Rd. One of my mates took his 10 year old son. He spotted Gordon Banks sitting on his own at the end of the row in front of us and said to his lad "that's Englands greatest ever goalkeeper, why don't you go and ask him to sign your programme?"

The lad went off, and came back a couple of minutes later. His dad said "did you get his autograph?"."No" said the lad, "he told me to fk off".

We were creasing ourselves, my mate was fuming!