PC (Laptop) Superstars Question

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I've upgraded a laptop, one I use for Karaoke, from Win 7 to Win 10 pro and now the VGA bit does not work. I've looked all over the net for problems, and solutions but nothing seems to work. Is there anyone out there that can help?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless......anyone has a work around? So, apparently Win 10 does not support the ATI card I have, and I need it to do "multiple monitors"and puts in Microsofts simple drivers (not good enough). Any ideas?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the laptop make/model?

Have you checked AMD's website for the correct driver? That would be my first port of call, get the model of the GPU and search the drivers.

ATi is old tech so possible it just simply isn't supported.

Personally my main concern, if the machine is old, is that Win10 will cause more problems than it solves including overall slowdown.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have always been smart to a degree. But with newer tech its easier to spot keys that don't meet all encryption parameters.
Best to always use a legit key to save problems down the line.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got a bit working. I found a driver that almost fully works....just not in "Extend Display" which is what I need. Aaaaaaaaarrrgggggg !

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
In computing "almost fully working" is next to useless.
You would be best to roll back to Win7 as you know this works and just use that. A machine that old just isn't any good for W10 especially if you have installed a 64-bit pro version.