Paypal warning!!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As said - a dead common scam - we got one in our Email a couple of weeks back - purporting to be from our bank. Exactly same sort of line as OP 'there has been suspicious attempts to login to your bank account and login has been locked. Please login to reactivate your on-line access'

Problem is that my Mrs picked this up and didn't immediately spot it as a scam - though was surprised so mentioned it to me - but not asking me if it was a scam. I keep telling her about these scams...

She couldn't have done anything in any case as only I have the login details - she wants it that way (for kind of obvious reasons :))

I get the impression this is one of these denial things - that they can't believe that hackers and baddies could possibly be trying to get into their account as they are just little ordinary 'mes'. And so the guard is down - if ever it was actually ever truly up.
...you cant plug a PC in beside the kitchen sink? ;)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As said - a dead common scam - we got one in our Email a couple of weeks back - purporting to be from our bank. Exactly same sort of line as OP 'there has been suspicious attempts to login to your bank account and login has been locked. Please login to reactivate your on-line access'

Problem is that my Mrs picked this up and didn't immediately spot it as a scam - though was surprised so mentioned it to me - but not asking me if it was a scam. I keep telling her about these scams...

She couldn't have done anything in any case as only I have the login details - she wants it that way (for kind of obvious reasons :))

I get the impression this is one of these denial things - that they can't believe that hackers and baddies could possibly be trying to get into their account as they are just little ordinary 'mes'. And so the guard is down - if ever it was actually ever truly up.

Had the same/similar email yesterday for the company account "Dear Valued Customer", it was from the correct bank so the information is obviously out there somewhere!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the same/similar email yesterday for the company account "Dear Valued Customer", it was from the correct bank so the information is obviously out there somewhere!

I'm not sure they do have the info and think that if they fire enough arrows some will eventually hit the target. They just happened on this occasion sion to get the bank you actually use. I got the PayPal one yesterday and instantly knew it was a fake for two very good reasons. One being that I had read this thread. And the second more important reason being that I don't have a PayPal account. Also get them supposedly from banks where I have never had accounts.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My advice is if you ever get any convincing email from a place unexpected (account locked, someone else tried to log in etc) ALWAYS go to their website through by typing it in yourself or equivalent, never use the links in the email!