Paypal warning!!!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a PayPal scam going around. Saying your account is suspended send details to reactivate. It's very very convincing. So beware.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a note to anybody stupid.

If any company ever asks you to send your details to re-activate or confirm your details its a scam, don't do it.

G

guest100718

these phishing scams have been doing the rounds for years.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

If any company ever asks you to send your details to re-activate or confirm your details its a scam, don't do it.

:D:D:D

You telling me the hyperlink link in all these type of things to olegscreditcardscam.com isn't real?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There is a PayPal scam going around. Saying your account is suspended send details to reactivate. It's very very convincing. So beware.

been going around for months! the email its from is a giveaway but I agree it looks good but its one of hundreds that all say the same thing...click here to log in with your password blah blah

never, repeat never click a link to sign in for anything financial or personal. Go direct to your suppliers website before entering passwords:thup:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hang about, are you trying to say there's a possibility my Nigerian uncle, who my father neglected to mention, may not actually have £500,000 to give me?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hang about, are you trying to say there's a possibility my Nigerian uncle, who my father neglected to mention, may not actually have £500,000 to give me?

Just send me your address, bank details and credit card details and I will let you know :D

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Misread the thread title at first and thought it said Papal warning - first thought, another thread about the Catholic church galloping towards being closed.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm surprised at how many people fall for these phishing email scams, I work for a high street bank and every week we get people coming in and saying they have fraud etc from their accounts and it's because they have completed one of these phishing scams.

Mark

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As said - a dead common scam - we got one in our Email a couple of weeks back - purporting to be from our bank. Exactly same sort of line as OP 'there has been suspicious attempts to login to your bank account and login has been locked. Please login to reactivate your on-line access'

Problem is that my Mrs picked this up and didn't immediately spot it as a scam - though was surprised so mentioned it to me - but not asking me if it was a scam. I keep telling her about these scams...

She couldn't have done anything in any case as only I have the login details - she wants it that way (for kind of obvious reasons :))

I get the impression this is one of these denial things - that they can't believe that hackers and baddies could possibly be trying to get into their account as they are just little ordinary 'mes'. And so the guard is down - if ever it was actually ever truly up.

Last edited: