Paris or North French coast course recommendations

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Off there in the summer, staying near Honfleur/Le havre and looking to get 3-4 games in.

Le golf Nationale may get a look in, and possibly one other on the northern edge of Paris, as dropping the missus in Paris for 1 or 2 days.

May also get rounds in up round where we are in Honfleur, and do they do twilight in France?

Do they have a equivalent of golf empire, in France?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Definitely Le Touquet, the La Mer course, not La Fores. Hardelot, Les Pins course... those are the only 3 I know over there. Think Le Touquet is in the world's top 100...possibly

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Definitely Le Touquet, the La Mer course, not La Fores. Hardelot, Les Pins course... those are the only 3 I know over there. Think Le Touquet is in the world's top 100...possibly

Le Touquet is on the shortlist, even though 2 hours away. It held the French open many times in it's formative years, by the looks of it.

I might talk the missus into walking along with me on a twilight game, if we go somewhere for the day out up that way.

I'll check the others out as well.:thup:

Jeff Lamp

Visit site
Not on the coast but you could check out St Omer. Used to host a European Tour event, now downgraded to Challenge Tour I think. Nice course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As a change from the Hardelots etc, we went to Golf d'Ailette on the Reims road one year. Not all that far from Paris, though my European geography is dire!

Excellent stay/play course. And played Arras on the way back.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers, Barriere-Deauville was another on the possibles, as another ex-French open venue. Did you play any of them on the pass, and can recommend?

We played Granville, I enjoyed it but HiD found it a bit too hard, possible too far away from where you are staying. Would have used the pass as it seems a good deal. We played a course just outside of Caen which was very ropey and had paid 55 Euro's, so the 3 courses for 142 would be better value.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played a fair few in the region as my old man lives about 40 mins south of Honfleur. The Normandie Golf Pass is a good option it let's you play local to you. You can play Deauville - one I haven't played but has a very good reputation. You can also play Etratet, which is a stunning looking cliff top course just over the Pont de Normandie from you, and also Saint Julien, which was quite nice, a bit hilly, and some absolutely penal waist high rough.... Don't go for Omaha Beach (search on here for the experience review I posted a few years back.

Heading back to the Chunnel, it's a good 2 hour drive to get to the next batch of courses. You can play St Saens, although I'm not sure if it's just stay & play. It's a nice enough course but not anything special. Le Touquet is nice, I really liked La Mer, La Foret was good, but again nothing special. Les Pins at Hardelot was very nice, I've not played Les Dunes there, but there are plenty on here state it's not as good as it used to be since they sold up part of the course for housing and redeveloped a number of holes to cater for the lost space.... Further north you can play Belle Dune, one of my favourites, and played the last two years, then there's Wimereaux, which again is quite nice, very open looking out over the channel. A little bit in land about 30 - 60 minutes south of Calias you St Omer and Arras. I played Arras last year, it's a nice enough parkland course with a fair bit of water.

If it was me, I'd play local to Honfleur at Etretat, Deauville or Saint Julien, and probably play Belle Dune on the way back. Belle Dune and La Mer at Le Touquet are my personal favourites out of that little lot.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played a fair few in the region as my old man lives about 40 mins south of Honfleur. The Normandie Golf Pass is a good option it let's you play local to you. You can play Deauville - one I haven't played but has a very good reputation. You can also play Etratet, which is a stunning looking cliff top course just over the Pont de Normandie from you, and also Saint Julien, which was quite nice, a bit hilly, and some absolutely penal waist high rough.... Don't go for Omaha Beach (search on here for the experience review I posted a few years back.

Heading back to the Chunnel, it's a good 2 hour drive to get to the next batch of courses. You can play St Saens, although I'm not sure if it's just stay & play. It's a nice enough course but not anything special. Le Touquet is nice, I really liked La Mer, La Foret was good, but again nothing special. Les Pins at Hardelot was very nice, I've not played Les Dunes there, but there are plenty on here state it's not as good as it used to be since they sold up part of the course for housing and redeveloped a number of holes to cater for the lost space.... Further north you can play Belle Dune, one of my favourites, and played the last two years, then there's Wimereaux, which again is quite nice, very open looking out over the channel. A little bit in land about 30 - 60 minutes south of Calias you St Omer and Arras. I played Arras last year, it's a nice enough parkland course with a fair bit of water.

If it was me, I'd play local to Honfleur at Etretat, Deauville or Saint Julien, and probably play Belle Dune on the way back. Belle Dune and La Mer at Le Touquet are my personal favourites out of that little lot.

Cheers ears.:thup:

We may now book a hotel for one night around Le golf Nationale, and the missus can go into Paris for two days on the train from Versailles. I can play le golf nationale and another on the outskirts of Paris, rather than doing the drives on two separate days.

So possibly 2 on the coast, Le golf nationale, and another on the NE side of Paris, which shows quite a few top class ones. Just not sure which to do out of them yet.