Pakistan vs England

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bairstow was a poor shot , Patel was abit unlucky - bounce is all over the place. Cook and Rashid dug in well so far

What is your knowledge about cricket , what standard did you play at or are you a test batsman at cricket as well ....................EYC

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the record , i played in the Lancashire leagues , batted 3 or 4 , later open the batting , all my centuries except one was as an opening bat .......................what was yours LP

D

Deleted member 15344

For the record , i played in the Lancashire leagues , batted 3 or 4 , later open the batting , all my centuries except one was as an opening bat .......................what was yours LP

What are you talking about ?!

D

Deleted member 15344

Cricket , you passing comments about batting , what you know about batsmanship , just a simple request

Sorry I didn't realise everyone had to add their qualifications when commenting on a sport. So I'll give it a miss what I have or haven't done in cricket.

D

Deleted member 15344

Very calm composed mature innings from both Taylor and Buttler today - Buttler needed it as well. Crisp clever hitting and playing the ball on its own merit.

Good all round performance from England and looking at tidy one day team

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very calm composed mature innings from both Taylor and Buttler today - Buttler needed it as well. Crisp clever hitting and playing the ball on its own merit.

Good all round performance from England and looking at tidy one day team

Been a dominant performance today. Very impressed

Indeed. Taylor showing that he has the talent for international cricket and Buttler getting some much needed runs.

D

Deleted member 15344

All these awards are absolute nonsense?!?

Smart award of the match

Colourful award of the match

Outstanding performance of the match

Man of the match award ?!

What tripe

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I loved the way a lot of the Pakistani fans buggered off out the stadium when England got to 150 for 4, have then never seen England play before??? two quick wickets would have changed the outcome at that stage.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is your knowledge about cricket , what standard did you play at or are you a test batsman at cricket as well ....................EYC

Thats just like saying that Arsene Wenger shouldn't give his opinions on the champions league, having never won it, despite trying for many,many years.........:whoo:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Touring team to SA announced.

Bell dropped. Not unexpected as he's been in very poor form with the bat and catching.

Compton recalled. Interesting and deserved. Let's hope he's given a run or Hales is. Ali to drop down order I guess.

Ballance recalled. I hope his technique is significantly improved otherwise he's a walking wicket.

Patel as spin option. Oh dear.

Rashid dropped. Shame. Was hoping he's the future of spin but they say the tracks in SA mean two spinners unlikely :(. Much prefer Rashid than Patel.

Chance for the other seemers on tour to grab places next to Broad and Anderson. Footitt and Jordan make the plane but hard to shift Stokes and Woakes is in form. Will they select all rounders or dedicated bowlers?

Buttler a bit lucky in my opinion to make the squad. Last ODI may have saved him.

I wonder what our cricket expert JCW makes of the squad, especially the opener situation? :p

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are worried about Hales technique against the best opening attack in the world on fast wickets. Compton is a steady player with a sound technique. They may start with Hales but if he keeps fishing outside off stump then Compton is ready to step in. Good decision in my eyes.

Ballance. Iffy technique, no front foot movement but it worked before so worth trying him again. Likes to accumulate runs which is no bad thing.

Bell - Had to go. Good career but he has reached the end

Spin - The cupboard is bare. Taking Patel is slightly defensive as he adds another batsman to the ranks. Rashid lacks control but Patel can offer some. Hopefully we will see Rashid again but he needs to stop bowling so many 4 balls.

Buttler - My pet annoyance. England haven't picked their best wicket keeper for 20 years, they aren't going to change now. Buttler or Bairstow, neither are test class glove men but their runs, or perceived runs get them in. Buttler has to have a good series. He needs to remember why he was picked in the first place and it wasn't to block the ball.

I think we will get whupped out there.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ballance has got in cos there isn't anybody else challenging the batting order.

Dropping Bell is a good decision. Taylor has shown he is his natural replacement.

Spin isn't really going to be an issue in SA.

Buttler: well England and wicket-keepers is fast becoming cricket's odd couple.

I think England can feel confident over this series. SA's attack is nowhere near as potent as a few years back. And their batting line-up is distinctly mediocre Amla and AB aside. Those two will be the key wickets for England.

SA will probably edge it but I don't think it'll be a thrashing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spin won't be king in SA and a good pace attack vital. My concern would be getting SA twice on some pitches especially if some of their batsmen get a start. I think it'll be a good marker on how well the squad are moving forward.