Pakistan vs England

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Easily the best ODi batsman we've ever had. Now holds the record for the 3 fastest ODi hundreds for an England batsman. 46 balls today, 61 against Sri Lanka at Lords and 66 against New Zealand at Edgbaston. What a player he is.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England don't need him, but surely you'd want him in the T20 squad on current form?

Possibly. But England have to squeeze Hales, Roy, Morgan, Buttler, Ali and Root into a top 6 so it'd be a question of where to squeeze him in. Plus he's been flaying sub-standard attacks rather than international attacks.

D

Deleted member 15344

England don't need him, but surely you'd want him in the T20 squad on current form?
Wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad in any form - he is poison and old news for England

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad in any form - he is poison and old news for England
The case of an individual thinking they are bigger than the team.

Really good to see the youngsters do so well. Top six look pretty good. Need to find at least one really quick strike bowler, but with Willey batting at 10 certainly a strong batting line up.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The case of an individual thinking they are bigger than the team.

Really good to see the youngsters do so well. Top six look pretty good. Need to find at least one really quick strike bowler, but with Willey batting at 10 certainly a strong batting line up.

And Stokes to come back as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

As good as hitting as it is by Afridi is shocking bowling from Woakes again by giving him pace. Take the pace of it -

D

Deleted member 15344

Poor length bowling - full tosses being chucked down and dispatched

D

Deleted member 15344

Was a good finish but we need someone to bowl at the death - it isn't Woakes.

D

Deleted member 15344

I would say that with no Finn, Stokes or Wood that England are doing rather well to be 2-0 up in this series. And Morgan didnt play.

Bar the quick fire 24 from Afridi - England have been in control in both games. Looks a good solid squad for the WC

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bar the quick fire 24 from Afridi - England have been in control in both games. Looks a good solid squad for the WC

Scoring well against the spin bowlers would be my only concern, particularly as next year's tournament is in India. Although from what i remember last time round it was England's bowling that let them down.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Scoring well against the spin bowlers would be my only concern, particularly as next year's tournament is in India. Although from what i remember last time round it was England's bowling that let them down.

A valid point given the venue. Are we good enough to score heavily from top quality spinners on favourable wickets? Have we got someone we'd consider good enough to tie opposition batsmen down. I think you have to like what is happening at the moment and they are winning without what I think is their strongest side which has to be good