Packing - wet weekend in Cotswolds

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Next weekend I'm at Cotswolds golf club for 1 night and 2 rounds with 20 guys and with way weather has turned I'm expecting it to be wet.

Anyone picked up any invaluable tips for a wet weekend of golf?

We have single rooms so can unpack clubs over night.... apart from making sure have enough towels, brolly etc any other bright ideas/tips?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing earth shattering but spare shoes, clothes, gloves. Accept what can and can not dry, shoes won't for example.

I've done a wet weekend before. If you can get your clubs in the room to dry out the grips then that is a huge plus. That and hang your waterproofs up ?. You want to start the next day dry, even if it is honking it down.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Don't want to put you off but pack double waterproofs.... I was there this last weekend, 5.5 hour rounds both days, started at 14:00 and literally just made it in before dark. Lots of waiting on the tees, especially the 4th, both days we had 3 groups waiting each time.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't want to put you off but pack double waterproofs.... I was there this last weekend, 5.5 hour rounds both days, started at 14:00 and literally just made it in before dark. Lots of waiting on the tees, especially the 4th, both days we had 3 groups waiting each time.

Sounds fun ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If it is this weekend, what time are you playing on Saturday? There is a fair amount forecast in the afternoon. Sunday looks predominantly dry & bright though.
What's the old saying - skin is waterproof ??

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it is this weekend, what time are you playing on Saturday? There is a fair amount forecast in the afternoon. Sunday looks predominantly dry & bright though.
What's the old saying - skin is waterproof ??

It's the following weekend .. so I might get lucky, but normally I'm not.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Buy yourself some rain grip gloves. They should dry out overnight but a couple of pairs should stop you having to go through lots of leather gloves.
Two pairs of shoes and some waterproof socks if you can get them. If you have two pairs of waterproofs, you could take them both but again they should dry out overnight in your room. Make sure your waterproofs are just that. If Gore-Tex, a quick tumble in the dryer helps and a wash in Nikwaks waterproofer is also a benefit.
I don't use a brolley but instead use a bucket hat as, for me, it's a lot easier and less faff than a brolley.