Owners rides ....no, not the wags!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok, I didnt want to dilute the Interesting facts about yourself thread so thought Id open another, I believe you can tell a fair amount by what you drive. I'll not get into the BMW marque :p
Anyhoo, I mentioned that I drive a 2004 Leon Cupra 20v turbo. Ive owned it since new and apart from a manufacturing flaw with the turbo seals, motoring has been pretty good with this particular wagon.
1.8 20v turbo engine, same as audi TT etc
Lots of Forgemotorsport bits: Front mount intercooler, silicone turbo intake piping, recirc valve, Revo Stage 2 software, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator and a nicer exhaust system. Body wise its all standard inc alloys bar the cupra r splitter to help protect from the missus parking exploits.
54k miles though has been retired to second car as I changed job 10 months ago and have an Octavia 105bhp Company car, this is being replaced in 3 weeks time with a new car of my choice, yes, another octavia, this time its the 170bhp 2.0 16v PDTDI with all the trimmings.
Anyway, the leon has had a fair amount of performance mods done which because its not the school run car, will not be getting that whopper turbo I had been planning.
cupraside.jpg

cuprarear.jpg

And a quick pic of the current co. wagons replacement, this colour too, racing blue iirc with over 1ks worth of free options (the taxman loves me enough as it is) plus the bixenons for that authentic polic look! :D
Octavia-vRS-NL.jpg

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very nice....now the GM forum feels more like my other fave forum.

I have 3 cars, the unlikely mix of BMW, Mitsubishi and Ford.

The Ford (mildly modded Puma 1.7) gets the nod everyday. The Mitsubishi is strictly for golf and carting the dog around, plus it matches the 4 (?) that seem to live in the Club car park. The BM is for long journeys and family.

My "other" hobby is maintaining and running old-ish classics to be, buy them through the trade and sort 'em out....might be tempted to try a VRS model one day.

Dave

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all.
I just thought you might like to see what i drive, im sure you will think it is awesome.Im sure it will go faster but i can only manage to get about 170mph out of it on my local track. Happy New Year To You All :D

prov1.jpg

DCB

Visit site
Nice car, but, did youhave to put a picture with Scrabbo Tower in the backgroumd. I spent months in therapy after last playing Scrabbo GC.

I know somewone at work who has the Octavia. goes like stink!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I have just sold my current car (yet again) but I am a car dealer so that is what I do. At present I have around 28 cars to pick from (see my profile for website) but am against taking stock off the site to smoke around in. Will probably grab another mondeo, passat or a merc c-class.

Car history (1st to last), Vauxhall Nova GSI, Cavalier SRI, Toyota Celica GT4, Golf GTi, VW Corrado G60, Renault Laguna (firms car), Ford Focus (Firms car), Mercedes SEL 500 (8 mpg!), BMW 740 (12 mpg!), Toyota Avensis, Passat Turbo Sport, Mondeo TDCI, Passat VR5, Passat TDi, Ford Mondeo.

Quite varied as you can see. The biggest mistake was the big cars which drunk fuel and cost a fortune to maintain.

My Dream Car? Sensible and achievable would be a Chrysler 300C or golf R32, Lottery winner - Ferrari Enzo, Bugatti Veyron, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz CLS 600 )Brabus Rocket) twin turbo.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have 3 cars at the moment, currently using Vauxhall Signum 2.2 great for long journeys.
Wife has a Peugeot 206CC(hairdressers car) and other runabout is an Astra.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nice car, but, did youhave to put a picture with Scrabbo Tower in the backgroumd. I spent months in therapy after last playing Scrabbo GC.

I know somewone at work who has the Octavia. goes like stink!
I know what you mean, its a real pig of a course in strong winds, Ive played it around a dozen times and yet have to score a par at the first hole.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Drive a 2004 renault megane saloon, occassionally drive the wifes 2003 seciento-especially when making drops to the green waste recycling units--easier to carry the glass bottles in a hatchback.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boring old man's Honda Accord Auto (but 3ltr V-tec Coupe). Sedate around town, so easy to drive and an enormous boot capacity for all my golfing and wife's shopping needs.
Lean on the loud pedal to unleash the horses and, for a large(ish) saloon, it performs surprisingly well. Kickdown from 15-25mph into 1st is "sufficient" and upshift from 2nd to 3rd occurs at 72 max.
I looked around at one time to get it chipped but, apart from the exhorbitant cost, was told that front wheel drive cars with standard suspension can't effectively put more than about 200bhp on to the road so I didn't persue this idea.
Wife has got a Hyunda yawnnnn.... Lantra!!!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Standard suspension would struggle leftie, to be honest swapping the suspenders for slightly more progressive coilovers or matched spring and shock kits would do more for your motor than a chip ever could, ive lerned that unless its got a turbo or supercharger, remapping just isnt worth it without a lot of other performance enhancments like lairier cams and some head work, then you start getting into silly money for a daily motor.
My cupra is sat around the 240bhp mark at the moment and its still very easy to drive as a fwd motor, saying that you can get the wheels spinning in 3rd gear if you are too sharp.