Over the moon... PB + Monthly Medal

V

vkurup

Played the monthly medal today.. Tried not to do anything silly, stay positive and not worry too much about the scorecard.. Result: hit my final goal for 2013.. Broke 90 by shooting 88. Nett 70. Absolutely over the moon.
To add a cherry to the cake, just got the HDID result.. 3rd in my Division. (1st: Nett 69 & 2nd: 69)

Birdied two P5s. Plenty opportunities to improve - 4 putted twice!! The heavens opened up when we reached 17th, and the wind ensured that 17th was a double and the 18th was a bogie

Golf is a simple game when you keep it between the sticks....

PS: How are the Divisions in the (HDID) results determined. It did not look aligned to the HC categories.

Now need a new target..

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice going! And you know you could have saved a couple more shots with those 4 putts...bet you were glad to get to the next tee after those!

Congrats.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
PS: How are the Divisions in the (HDID) results determined. It did not look aligned to the HC categories.

Divisions will be down to your club
Some go with Category divisions, some go 0-12, 13-20, 21-28 or similar...

Well done Chap - keep it going

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nicely played. I tied my PB off the whites with an 89. Should be good for a 0.9 cut and playing off 19 next time out. One more stroke and I'm a bogey golfer.

Incredibly I birdied 3 of our 5 par 5s, bogeyed the other two to come in -1 gross on those for the first time ever. That's also the first time I've had 3 birdies in a round.

V

vkurup

Nice going! And you know you could have saved a couple more shots with those 4 putts...bet you were glad to get to the next tee after those!

Congrats.

Agree.. also need to remind myself that I was in a Comp. On the first hole, after I missed my par, I casually tried to tap it in from about 5 feet while balancing on one foot, as I wud while playing with my mates. Not very pleased when i missed it :( :(

V

vkurup

Nicely played. I tied my PB off the whites with an 89. Should be good for a 0.9 cut and playing off 19 next time out. One more stroke and I'm a bogey golfer.

Incredibly I birdied 3 of our 5 par 5s, bogeyed the other two to come in -1 gross on those for the first time ever. That's also the first time I've had 3 birdies in a round.

Good on you mate. We played off the whites.. Join the party. Keep chipping at it.. Is 18 your target for the year?

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree.. also need to remind myself that I was in a Comp. On the first hole, after I missed my par, I casually tried to tap it in from about 5 feet while balancing on one foot, as I wud while playing with my mates. Not very pleased when i missed it :( :(

Lol, from 5 feet! You nutter :eek:!

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

A playing partner of mine once cost himself a comp doing something similar. Missed a shortish putt, did the 'reach over the hole to jab it in' thing and missed that. Ended up one point off the lead and would have won on count back. Since that, I make sure to take my time over all short putts.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well played always good to get a PB whatever h/c you are,you now know you can shot that score and could go lower given better conditions and better putting,don't beat yourself up about leaving shots out there we all do it.

I won our medal today with a gross 86 , bad day putting (35) not to worried as I know there will be another day when I could possibly break that 80 barrier.

V

vkurup

Well played always good to get a PB whatever h/c you are,you now know you can shot that score and could go lower given better conditions and better putting,don't beat yourself up about leaving shots out there we all do it.

I won our medal today with a gross 86 , bad day putting (35) not to worried as I know there will be another day when I could possibly break that 80 barrier.

Good luck with breaking the 80 barrier.. I am looking to repeat a sub-90 this year, and then aim for a 85...