Over-rated Bands / Musicians

Swango1980

Visit site
Daphne and Celeste were definitely over-rated
Incidentally, Foo Fighters are great, and Oasis one of the best British bands of all time. Even a lot of their later stuff was fantastic, although they much of it was always on their B-sides of their singles.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Daphne and Celeste were definitely over-rated
Incidentally, Foo Fighters are great, and Oasis one of the best British bands of all time. Even a lot of their later stuff was fantastic, although they much of it was always on their B-sides of their singles.

And what do Daphne and Celeste and The Foo Fighters have in common?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Am a subscriber to a music YouTuber called Andy Edwards…and a recent piece he published was on just this The Most Overrated Bands. His credentials and knowledge are solid, and his top ten had me nodding. But especially his ‘top’ three.

#3 Marillion
#2 Queen
#1 Pink Floyd

I was cheering at his #3 and #2.

There have been I for years (40 in fact) thinking am I the only one in this country who thinks Marillion are just a poor pastiche of PG era Genesis - pumped out for those in the early 80s who thought that Genesis was the PC era pop rot, but had never listened to the earlier stuff. What was I missing. No - Andy agrees with me.

And Queen - again I thought I was the only person on the planet who liked many of the singles but got bored listening to the rocky fillers on the albums…I listened, got bored, and so, never bought an album - not even a greatest hits. And that was right from the very start - Sheer Heart Attack; Night at the Opera/Races included - never mind the later stuff. Sorry. Hurrah.

But Pink Floyd was a challenge. I really like Echoes (on Meddle) and love TDSotM and WYWH. Great, great albums. But when I thought about it. Pre TDSotM and other than Echoes, I only really like bits and pieces here and there on the earlier albums. And after WYWH…some of Animals, but The Wall…mmmh…bits of it. But after that I just disconnected from it. I couldn’t be bothered. Still a great band, but yes…I must admit…probably overrated.

So Andy…Thankyou…and yes I agree that New Order are/were better overall than Joy Division…as good as Joy Division were.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am a subscriber to a music YouTuber called Andy Edwards…and a recent piece he published was on just this The Most Overrated Bands. His credentials and knowledge are solid, and his top ten had me nodding. But especially his ‘top’ three.

#3 Marillion
#2 Queen
#1 Pink Floyd

I was cheering at his #3 and #2.

If he thinks Pink Floyd are the most overrated band of all time, he doesn't understand music.
He's also never listened to Comfortably Numb.

The most overrated band in the world is, obviously, The Smiths.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Clash.
Cold Play
Male singers with whingy voices and acoustic guitars like that ginger Scottish bloke whose name escapes me.
ps the Smiths were class.
Not as good as the Stranglers, Devo, Magazine etc. but still class, unlike the Clash!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ps the Smiths were class.
Not as good as the Stranglers, Devo, Magazine etc. but still class, unlike the Clash!

The clash! God.

Should I say or should I go now? Well considering if you go there will be less trouble than staying then you go. Song over.