Out of bounds posts-internal

Visit site
Where a course has internal out-of-bounds posts separating 2 fairways, thus playing 5th the O.B.
do not apply, but when playing the 6th (which is a 90* dog leg) they do, this is because the shortest route to the green on the 6th could be playing back down the 5th, then a wedge to the green.

My question; can the O.B. Stakes be painted white on one side and (say) green on the other?
This would help visitors & societies who see the white stakes on the 5th and assume its out-of-bounds, now I know one can look on the card, but honestly how many people do.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
You can't possibly paint one side and the other green. What's to stop someone turning them all round?

Easiest way to find out if you don't play there regularly is , as you stated, consult the scorecard. It's usually written on them.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome. The posts are cemented in so can't be removed

Welcome. Is this at your course, and if so have you suggested to the committee ? We have internal out of bounds,which are only in force playing one way. Details are on the card of the course, but i imagine a lot of visitors get caught out. None of our posts are cemented in though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think this was done at my last place. We had OB on the 11th - a dog-leg right then the par 3 12th coming back towards the 11th tee.
To try to stop people going for the 11th green and possibly killing someone on the 12th green or tee the put an internal OB up that was only valid while playing the 11th. SO you could go OB on 11 but not on 12. Sure they painted the side of the posts nearest the 11th white and the other side green.

DCB

Visit site
In the Definition section. it states markers or lines used to define out of bounds should be white.

Although the rules do refer to the situation in the OP there is no suggestion of multi coloured posts for OB.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
it's not wholly unusual for a sign to be placed at the tees where an OOB affects one hole and not the other. useful when all you have is the miniature map on the back of the scorecard.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
it's not wholly unusual for a sign to be placed at the tees where an OOB affects one hole and not the other. useful when all you have is the miniature map on the back of the scorecard.
Now there's a great idea, wonder how many clubs don't implement this simple measure, there again it's only for visitors isn't it? :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Now there's a great idea, wonder how many clubs don't implement this simple measure, there again it's only for visitors isn't it? :D

I always tell my guests, after they have played. :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I always tell my guests, after they have played. :D

I'll bear it in mind for June then