Oulton Hall

Eagle2

Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just looking for any input about the courses at Oulton Hall, Leeds. We have our annual Ryder Cup style competition this weekend and wondering if anyone can give feedback about the course? The weather isn't looking great so it would be good to know if it drains well etc. and if its fairly open?

We are playing the 9 hole course Sat morning and then 18 in the afternoon with the singles (18) on the Sunday - every cloud is I might feel human stood on the 1st tee on Sunday this year.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I enjoy the layout, some good looking holes but condition leaves a lot to be desired, particularly greens and bunkers have been poor each time I have been.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Played last week , nice looking however as said above some bunkers are in a terrible state and the greens , sorry to say , were poor to say the least .
They had been hollow tined (i believe that's the discription ?) and were a bit rough to be honest .
A shame really as with a bit of work i think it could be a really good course.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only played it once a few years ago and haven't been that keen to play it again. I thought it was ok, best hole being the 18th. Strange set up about halfway round with a hole that seemed to be thrown in like they'd realised there was only 17 holes and needed to fit another in somewhere. Hotel is supposed to be really nice. I won't comment on the prices in the clubhouse as it's a resort course and that's just how much food and drinks are.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just looking for any input about the courses at Oulton Hall, Leeds. We have our annual Ryder Cup style competition this weekend and wondering if anyone can give feedback about the course? The weather isn't looking great so it would be good to know if it drains well etc. and if its fairly open?

We are playing the 9 hole course Sat morning and then 18 in the afternoon with the singles (18) on the Sunday - every cloud is I might feel human stood on the 1st tee on Sunday this year.
It improved a lot after being taken over from Leeds Council by Marriot but since the change to Q Hotels seems to be going downhill somewhat.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only played it once a few years ago and haven't been that keen to play it again. I thought it was ok, best hole being the 18th. Strange set up about halfway round with a hole that seemed to be thrown in like they'd realised there was only 17 holes and needed to fit another in somewhere. Hotel is supposed to be really nice. I won't comment on the prices in the clubhouse as it's a resort course and that's just how much food and drinks are.

We spent the nights boozing in the pub across the road. Stuff 'em.