Orka

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

I think/hope to be in a position to purchase a full bag of new clubs over the next 12/18 months.

This may be the only chance I ever have and I want/need them to last years.

I have seen and heard a lot about orka (all good) and l love the look and sound of the fitting experience. I have only ever bought off the shelf (or internet) clubs previously.

I am 21 handicapper and goal is to get to 18 or slightly better.

My question is has anyone had experience of orka (irons, hybrid, wedges or wood) and if so any feedback welcomed.

C

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi

I think/hope to be in a position to purchase a full bag of new clubs over the next 12/18 months.

I have seen and heard a lot about orka (all good) and l love the look and sound of the fitting experience. I have only ever bought off the shelf (or internet) clubs previously.

My question is has anyone had experience of orka (irons, hybrid, wedges or wood) and if so any feedback welcomed.

C

You don't need a new set of custom fit irons to drop 3 shots. Playing regularly will see that happen.
And at 21 handicap I doubt whether your swing is repetitive enough to warrant a full fitting yet.
I would wait a while longer until you get to low teens naturally and then look at a fitting to get to single figures.
Unless you are in your 70's and don't want to take it with you....

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi

C

If it's the idea of getting custom fitted then if you like the clubs you are using you could always go and get a tune up done. If your not overly tall then you might only need the lie angle changing. I had my clubs looked at the end of last year and it only cost me $40 to get the lie angles and lofts sorted. Cost effective way for you to make sure your giving yourself the best chance to hit a good shot.

Reactions: MrC

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You don't need a new set of custom fit irons to drop 3 shots. Playing regularly will see that happen.
And at 21 handicap I doubt whether your swing is repetitive enough to warrant a full fitting yet.
I would wait a while longer until you get to low teens naturally and then look at a fitting to get to single figures.
Unless you are in your 70's and don't want to take it with you....

Thanks. 40s so hopefully a little bit of playing time for me.

Very true about a repeatable swing...one thing I do know is that consistency is lacking.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it's the idea of getting custom fitted then if you like the clubs you are using you could always go and get a tune up done. If your not overly tall then you might only need the lie angle changing. I had my clubs looked at the end of last year and it only cost me $40 to get the lie angles and lofts sorted. Cost effective way for you to make sure your giving yourself the best chance to hit a good shot.

Currently using Callaway XR irons and Taylormade M4 driver

I should have probably made clearer. I am not unhappy with current clubs. Although gapping from pitching wedge is not good and frustrates me. But I could sort that by changing a couple of clubs......

However, as I can potentially afford a new set up I, well being honest, just fancy new

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Send MendieGK a private message, he works for Orka.

Thanks. Useful to know

However I was looking for feedback from users rather than employees. Whilst it looks like the Orka approach is fair I would expect them to say it is a good/great product

D

Deleted Member 1156

Well I got fitted for a set of Orka irons years ago, was very impressed with the whole experience. The fitting and irons (3-SW) cost £535, at that time off the shelf sets from the big manufacturers were typically £699 for 4-PW.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi

C

where are you based?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im an Orka user, was lucky to go and see Alex at Orka for a fitting many years ago for some irons and have been back several times to have other clubs fitted and built for me and would recommend them in a heartbeat personally, the service Ive received has been over and above that I would get from the OEM brands. One thing to bear in mind is that the clubs have less second hand value if you want to resell them, never something that affects me but can put some people off.

Definitely worth a chat with Alex or Sam (MendieK on here) and see what they can offer you

bwstokie

Visit site
There was a competition/draw run by Alex @ Orka just before Christmas giving the lucky entrants the opportunity to be fit for and buy a full set including bag for £1200. I entered and could have done so other than the distance from my house and also it needed 3 trips for the fits. Wasn’t desperate for new clubs but shiny things are good!

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im an Orka user, was lucky to go and see Alex at Orka for a fitting many years ago for some irons and have been back several times to have other clubs fitted and built for me and would recommend them in a heartbeat personally, the service Ive received has been over and above that I would get from the OEM brands. One thing to bear in mind is that the clubs have less second hand value if you want to resell them, never something that affects me but can put some people off.

Definitely worth a chat with Alex or Sam (MendieK on here) and see what they can offer you

Thanks. I am not worried about resale value. I am hoping that these will be my clubs and they stay in the bag a long time

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks. I am not worried about resale value. I am hoping that these will be my clubs and they stay in the bag a long time

If thats your approach then imho you cant go wrong. Get in touch with Alex or Sam and have an initial chat and get yourself booked in

Last edited: