Orange Whip

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I’m a 19 handicapper.

im sure I swing too fast with not enough timing. Indeed, I’m not quite sure what people mean when they talk about timing in the golf swing! I just swing it!

I have noticed though that sometimes if tell myself swing it slowly, in fact I try and swing at half speed, I don’t suppose I do though. I don’t half swing well, hit the ball well and it goes just as far. Distance wise I’m pretty average I guess 240 with the driver, 150 with the 7iron. My clubs are all about 10 years old. Ping G20 driver, yonex vms irons.

im thinking about trying something like the orange whip and having a practise session every day in the garden.

i‘m coming back after a 10 year break.

are the orange whips any good? Is there a less expensive alternative that works just as well?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been using a friends one for a while and I'd say they are pretty useful so long as you can replicate the same swing with a driver in hand

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Everyone has their own natural tempo and I think it's wrong to try and change it.
Rather than trying to swing slower, try and swing smoother, especially in the transition from backswing to downswing.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi - I was thinking of buying one of these so good to hear the comments. You can get a 40" as opposed to the standard 48" which I might purchase as a) I'm not that tall and b) I could use in my garage. Anyone else done that?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi - I was thinking of buying one of these so good to hear the comments. You can get a 40" as opposed to the standard 48" which I might purchase as a) I'm not that tall and b) I could use in my garage. Anyone else done that?
I have one but I also find it hurts my wrists after a while.
I have a very old driver£5 in charity shop.Drilled a hole in top of crown ,filled it full of builders sand, if you want it heavier just put water in to soak the sand, rubber plug.
It’s better than anything you can buy.
Slows you down so much it makes everything very smooth.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
They say that all good players have a 3:1 ratio (backswing:downswing to impact).

So an even paced,

Not

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a cheaper version off Amazon, it definitely works and I find after 10–15 swings everything feels so light, but there is a big but!!!

…. Will you actually use it? Even if left by the back door cold, wet, damp and dark nights are here. Will you actually come home from work after a pants day, an hour stuck in traffic, walk into a nice warm house which smells of what ever is cooking and think “ I know, I’m going to stand in the garden in the cold for 10mins “

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a cheaper version off Amazon, it definitely works and I find after 10–15 swings everything feels so light, but there is a big but!!!

…. Will you actually use it? Even if left by the back door cold, wet, damp and dark nights are here. Will you actually come home from work after a pants day, an hour stuck in traffic, walk into a nice warm house which smells of what ever is cooking and think “ I know, I’m going to stand in the garden in the cold for 10mins “

What version did you get?

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I got one. It’s really good - heavy. I’ve discovered that my rhythm is better than I thought! I’m hoping to use it a few minutes each day and that it will help my club head speed out!