Or, Would you wear this on March 29?

sunshine

Visit site
I have a pair of shoes with leather soles. I wear them with a suit, in the office (who knows when I'll wear them next). I wouldn't dream of wearing them for a 6 mile walk in park carrying a set of golf clubs. Golf shoes have moved on in the last 20 years.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Did you hear Rich Beam and Radar eulogizing about Adam Scotts shoes at Pebble, while talking about his style in general? "Leather soles AND metal spikes"

Yep, my footjoy classic wing tips, in patent purple and white pebble have leather soles and have proper spikes.
I don't wear them often, but they are beautifully made, and very solid. They are a tad on the heavy side, and are a world away from the trainer type feel. If this is what you like, and why not, it's very different, but to knock it is just stupid. It takes all sorts.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Yep, my footjoy classic wing tips, in patent purple and white pebble have leather soles and have proper spikes.
I don't wear them often, but they are beautifully made, and very solid. They are a tad on the heavy side, and are a world away from the trainer type feel. If this is what you like, and why not, it's very different, but to knock it is just stupid. It takes all sorts.
Who is knocking it?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Who is knocking it?

Eulogize: Praise highly in speech or writing.

As for myself, I was eulogizing Beam and Reilly. Guess why.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I definitely wouldn't wear shoes like those. Other than that he just seems to be wearing a polo and trousers, fairly normal.