Oops I did it again.. again!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
When will I ever learn not once but twice in the past I have accidently marked my ball on the fringe, surely I would have learned my lesson, but not, 3rd shot to par 3 17th finished in the fringe, the green is in a bowl so you leave you bag at the top and go down with just your putter, so down I went , marker of clip and marked the ball, didn't even think about it until I was waiting for someone to plaay their shot and thought, whose is that mark on the fringe? then oh no its mine, I felt so stupid.

It was just a natural thing I do on that hole, I just need to make sure my ball is actually on the green! Sadly one of the other times I have done it was also on this hole.

Anyway I took my penalty and walked off with a bogey. It was a 4BBB and we won it with 41 points but 42 would have been better.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel your pain. I've this twice during Club trophy comps. (Still managed to win one of them!)

My trick is to actually put my hand behind my back or in my pocket to stop me marking the ball

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
.....and again

In the Lancs senior ladies championship, in my defence this time, we are on preferred lies at home so used to marking on the fringe

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never done this, I'm not even sure how you would do it. But then again I pretty much only mark my ball when it's on or near someone's line.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I have done it again, why on earth am I unable to remember such a simple thing.

It may be that I duffed a chip which I would have expected to be on the green and so marked it as if it was. I really do seem incapable of not doing this.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I have done it again, why on earth am I unable to remember such a simple thing.

It may be that I duffed a chip which I would have expected to be on the green and so marked it as if it was. I really do seem incapable of not doing this.

Put your ball marker somewhere really inaccessible!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I totally understand how that can happen. We've been on preferred lies for so long this year, that I really have to remind myself every time that I cannot pick my ball up from the fairway and clean it or tee it up on a nice bushel of grass any more. It had become such a natural thing to do.