Ooh! Nice and shiny.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Decided to give the sticks a clean today.
Carried out the usual method, warm water, nail brush to clean the grooves, then dry off with a dry towel.

Relatively pleased with that but felt the irons were lacking some sort of lustre.
Rooting around in the garage I found a tube of Solvol Autosol (metal cleaner). I used this regularly for polishing up chrome, brassware and stainless steel on my motorcycle and around the house.
Tried it on the clubs, wow!!! what a difference. A dull finish was replaced with a gleaming polished finish.

My irons now look pristine in the bag.

Anyone else use polishes to clean their clubs?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usually just steep them in hot water and washing up liquid in the sink for half an hour them brush the grooves out with a wire brush and dry. Good as new. How do you get the polish out of the grooves, Basher?

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
How do you get the polish out of the grooves, Basher?

I used a dry nailbrush, worked perfectly.

madandra, generally my Mizzy irons are not too retina scorchingly bright, more a polished finish. I think I've restored them to a as new condition now.
Struggled with my sand wedge, the sand appears to have "shot blasted" a dull finish. Still, it's a lot better than was.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried the "cleanstrike" wipes from AG?

They state that they remove dirt & grass from the clubface and grooves, clean your ball, your shaft and hozel and rejuvenate your grips.
Not tried them myself but if they're that good then new club sales hould drop :D

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Decided to give the sticks a clean today.
Carried out the usual method, warm water, nail brush to clean the grooves, then dry off with a dry towel.

Relatively pleased with that but felt the irons were lacking some sort of lustre.
Rooting around in the garage I found a tube of Solvol Autosol (metal cleaner). I used this regularly for polishing up chrome, brassware and stainless steel on my motorcycle and around the house.
Tried it on the clubs, wow!!! what a difference. A dull finish was replaced with a gleaming polished finish.

My irons now look pristine in the bag.

Anyone else use polishes to clean their clubs?

It sounds a great idea. Isn't Autosol a 'cutting' compound like T-Cut though?

My irons have a white painted line in the bottom groove of the face. Might be a little worried that it would remove that (still - can't be anymore agressive than a toothbrush which I use already). Overall an excellent idea and up there with some of the best one ive heard on here. Will dig some out and give it a go. Cheers ;)

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use car shampoo in warm water on my clubs, after someone on here recommended it and said not to use washing up liquid as it cab rot the glue in clubs. Brings them up a treat