Oob rules

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
Is my understanding correct that this does not apply in the UK for any form of club organized competition no matter the skill level or official status (eg. a weekend stableford). Ie. in the UK, it's either a provisional or a walk of shame back, unless it's only social golf where no official records are submitted?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is my understanding correct that this does not apply in the UK for any form of club organized competition no matter the skill level or official status (eg. a weekend stableford). Ie. in the UK, it's either a provisional or a walk of shame back, unless it's only social golf where no official records are submitted?

Not quite. A club can run competitions with this local rule in place if it wishes. But such stroke competitions are not "qualifying" which means that scores are not returned for handicapping purposes. My recent understanding is, however, that an individual can separately return a general play score from such a competition provided they do not make use of the local rule.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
More accurately, GB & I.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi. Can you plz show me the actual oob 2 shot rule? Plz…

Do you mean the standard rule of the allowable local rule which Rulefan quoted in post #2 ( as far as I know there are very few cubs that have adopted that and it can only be used in friendly games anyway).
If you mean the general rule as per R@A Rules
It is rule 18

18.2b

b. What to Do When Ball Is Lost or Out of Bounds
If a ball is lost or out of bounds, the player must take stroke-and-distance relief by adding one penalty stroke and playing the original ball or another ball from where the previous stroke was made (see Rule 14.6).