one for our resident pro/mars bar seller

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
im a proud owner of the v easy and practise my stroke in my flat.
but anyway my post is about yardages. im roughly 10 yards between my irons 5 to pw which is 45 degress. i can hit my pw 130 yards but my 50 degree gap wedge goes 100 yards my 56 sand wedge about 80 and my 60 well thats for below 40 to 50.
i try my best to leave myself distances that im comfy with but ive got in my head that im needing to change lofts to get 120 110 yards. am i mental or what. any advice from yourself would be helpfull. (when will we see you giving tips in the GM mag???????

T

thecraw

im a proud owner of the v easy and practise my stroke in my flat.
but anyway my post is about yardages. im roughly 10 yards between my irons 5 to pw which is 45 degress. i can hit my pw 130 yards but my 50 degree gap wedge goes 100 yards my 56 sand wedge about 80 and my 60 well thats for below 40 to 50.
i try my best to leave myself distances that im comfy with but ive got in my head that im needing to change lofts to get 120 110 yards. am i mental or what. any advice from yourself would be helpfull. (when will we see you giving tips in the GM mag???????

I'd concur with your statement. I changed from a 52 degree to a 50 degree because I felt that I had too much of a gap from my PW to 52. I'm much happier with the gaping now.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm also about 80yds with SI and about 120yds with PW, gap is 40 yds (I wente tae skoole) dumped the vokey 52* and now just use waist/shoulder or full swings for the gaps using the PW- consistent strikes and I know how it will react from the PW

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Had the impression uncle Bob was not a fan of more than 2 wedges (& he could be right!), so could be interesting...

Current bag is 47, 51, 54, 58. Expecting if & when I change irons the next PW is bound to have less loft so can swap the 51 for a 50 maybe.