Old Henry Cotton 2 iron

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
It's an early steel shafted, George Nicoll iron produced for Henry Cotton when he was the Pro at Langley Park Golf Club.

As Voyager says, it's collectible but unfortunately there are too few collectors out there to make it valuable.

The dates he was at Langley Park should be mentioned in this video:

michaelgurner

Visit site
Hi, thanks for the very interesting replies. The face and grip are good id say. The shaft is steel, but black, I can't tell if that's a discolouration or whether it's a finish. For its age it appears to be in good condition. Perhaps 7 out of 10. I'll add some more pics soon.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nice club, as thought it's an enamel painted steel shaft.
The grip looks period but has lost the whipping at the bottom and been patched up with some insulation tape, but still a nice club.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the very interesting replies. The face and grip are good id say. The shaft is steel, but black, I can't tell if that's a discolouration or whether it's a finish. For its age it appears to be in good condition. Perhaps 7 out of 10. I'll add some more pics soon.

I have seen clubs of that sort of age made to look like hickory shafts. I bet there were a few back then that did not like shiny shafts

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apropos of nothing, Henry Cotton went to my school and was the first president of the school old boys golf society. There the similarity between us ends.