"Oh, it's for golf is it? Well then that'll be at least double the price"

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: "Oh, it's for golf is it? Well then that'll be at least double the price"

It's just fashion!

£120 Boss polo shirt (not for golf, just off the shelf at House of Fraser or John Lewis) or £4 Primark polo shirt?

£200 Ted Baker chino's or Matalan £12 chino's?

You pay for name, simple as!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

You pay top dollar for any branded top of the range stuff for any sport. My nephew was showing me his £200 pair of football boots the other day when I am sure you can get a pair for £25. As many others have said, you can pay what you want to really.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

I never pay top dollar for my gear, getting clothes from Pri-marni etc. I am now starting to lean heavilly towards Nike stuff though. Luckilly, I have a Nike outlet store 1/2 hour away so pop over there now and again and (sometimes) buy armfuls of gear on the cheap!!!!! There is also a Gap store as well. Quality chinos for £8 last time!!!!!!

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Ultimately it is the brand that you are paying for. I am a sucker for a brand. I know this and I have accepted this however you can still shop around.

£90 Lyle and Scott jumper- found it for £50
£120 Lindeberg top- found it for £70
£200 Under Armour waterproofs- found it for £90

These are still overpriced for what they are however I am happy to pay a slight premium for the brand. I also try to find things I would wear on and off the golf course. As has been said before look at how much these companies charge for their non golf stuff. If you want Boss golf it is on par with Boss gear anyway.

The one I really don't understand is golf trousers. Chinos work well and can be worn anywhere. I really wouldn't want nike trousers if I am honest that I could never wear elsewhere!