Offset Driver help

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok so not long ago I purchased a new offset driver before I decided to go for lessons!!! (I know bad idea)

so my question is....do I need to grip it differently to a normal club

And yes before it gets asked i thought I could "buy" a straighter ball flight :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BogeyHole

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No

:)

See how helpful I can be on a good day.

;)

The way I understand it is that the offset gives you an extra fraction of a second to square up the clubface at impact.

So you set it up square, and take your normal swing at it. An out to in swing is still going to slice, offset or not.

I think.

:D

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats what i thought....but a found a video on the net that said turn your hands round more.....that sounds wrong to me though :D :D :D :D

and errrr nice profile pic NOT! ;)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
No panic. A lot of half-decent players struggle with the big stick. Play with it, see what comes. Offset, closed face, draw bias; there's loads of driver out there that might help get the face square, it might work. If not, and you start pull-hooking everything, tweak around it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats what i thought....but a found a video on the net that said turn your hands round more.....that sounds wrong to me though :D :D :D :D

maybe not. can never remember which way does what but too weak/strong a grip and strangling the handle might be a part of the problem.
try out all the combinations next time you're on the range, but grip it like Ernie - soft

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site

maybe not. can never remember which way does what but too weak/strong a grip and strangling the handle might be a part of the problem.
try out all the combinations next time you're on the range, but grip it like Ernie - soft

I can show any one the correct technique for a slice :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I can show any one the correct technique for a slice :D

Here is the reason for the bad slice. The swing path is out to in and the clubface is wide open. If you square up the clubface at impact so it points the same direction as the red line, it will reduce the slice.
If you square up the clubface so it points the same way as the blue line, you will hit a straight pull.

cure12.jpg

To cure a slice and hit it straight, you must swing straight and the clubface must be also straight.

cure1bb.jpg