Odyssey 3T putter

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know any way to get hold of one of these in the UK? I am really keen to get this putter, but for some reason have never seen one in the UK-plenty available from the states but not sure how customs charges etc would work and assume it would end up as an expensive putter!

Does anyone know the best way to get hold of something like this?

Thanks
Chris

D

Deleted member 23344

I can’t help with the putter, but would say that you are right to be wary about import charges. The problem is that they are usually unknown at the point of sale and so the carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc) pays them and recovers them from you. The problem with this arrangement is that, not only are the charges unknown when you buy, but the carrier always adds an admin fee for doing this ... and the fee can sometimes be similar to the import charges themselves! Only import a club if you are really keen to have it and you are prepared to pay a possibly significant additional amount over and above the original price.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As above import duties will be a factor

One way round it, is find a nice seller in the US and ask for it to be marked as a gift. Risky asking them to mark the invoice for a lower value if something goes wrong.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many eBay store purchases from the US now use the customs service and you are given an all up price before you make the purchase. Very straight forward and avoids the 'will i get away without duty or am i going to get billed for the duty and get a huge handling charge applied as well' equation.

Asking any US business seller to assist in tax evasion is unlikely to elicit a positive response...

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Asking any US business seller to assist in tax evasion is unlikely to elicit a positive response...

You would be surprised, the amount of goods imported by hobbyists in my industry via the states is very high, often with an invoice marked as gift.

Some sellers are happy to take the risk / money and certainly buyers are always looking at the cheapest angle.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You would be surprised, the amount of goods imported by hobbyists in my industry via the states is very high, often with an invoice marked as gift.

Some sellers are happy to take the risk / money and certainly buyers are always looking at the cheapest angle.

I am surprised. The penalties for both businesses and individuals in the US tax system are exactly that, penalties - unlike the UK.

However, if you know it happens in a particular sector then I'm sure it does.

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks all-good advice. I have seen one that includes the import duty on eBay-so presuming I went for that then that would be the all in delivered charge? It’s is something like £125 for the club, £18 delivery and £30 in fees - but assuming that will be the only charges it’s not too bad.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know any way to get hold of one of these in the UK? I am really keen to get this putter, but for some reason have never seen one in the UK-plenty available from the states but not sure how customs charges etc would work and assume it would end up as an expensive putter!

Does anyone know the best way to get hold of something like this?

Thanks
Chris

My My that is a lovely looking putter. Theres only one thing for it. Your next holiday must be to the U.S.A for golf and purchasing one.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am surprised. The penalties for both businesses and individuals in the US tax system are exactly that, penalties - unlike the UK.

However, if you know it happens in a particular sector then I'm sure it does.

Certainly does i am afraid, often get the evidence waved under my nose to show how much cheaper it was not buying from us.