Observation

Jabba

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Folowing Parmo's bandit thread, can anyone explain the observation rule please? We have healthy turout for the wednesday stableford competitions and people get "cut" from ther results.The comps are sometmes off yellow tees and sometimes off whites but adjustments are still made from all comps. I am 100% in favour of this, as it allows five day members like myself to get and maintain an appropriate handicap. I beieve the adjustments are made "under observation" and I just wondered how it actually worked.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought under something like clause 19 people could get cut on stableford performance. This means if they played 17 holes better than handicap in a medal but then had a 10 (ruling them out of a medalplay cut) they can still be chopped on the points they would had gained. Not an expert but just my understanding

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Talking abut observation....

Just noticed Homer. Congratulations on your Carpel Tunnel status - or should it be commiserations?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought under something like clause 19 people could get cut on stableford performance. This means if they played 17 holes better than handicap in a medal but then had a 10 (ruling them out of a medalplay cut) they can still be chopped on the points they would had gained. Not an expert but just my understanding

I think you are right Homer

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I make you right there Homer.

My HID insists on having a coloured moving picture in the room even if she has turned the sound off and is doing crosswords or whatever. I thought that a tropical fish tank would be more interesting but, hey, what do I know :D :D