NW opens this weekend 5th/6th September

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unless anyone jumps out of the ted Jarman on Sunday and I get their spec, I was wondering if anyone fancied a NW open this weekend.

There are a few on but Cleckheaton, Clitheroe and Mellor and Townscliffe amonst others look good.

Pairs/team/individual doesnt bother me.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless anyone jumps out of the ted Jarman on Sunday and I get their spec, I was wondering if anyone fancied a NW open this weekend.

There are a few on but Cleckheaton, Clitheroe and Mellor and Townscliffe amonst others look good.

Pairs/team/individual doesnt bother me.

I'm up for it LB! I can't play on Saturday and Theres a weekend comp on at Pleasington so Im looking for a game. That team open at Clitheroe looks good if we could get 4.
Only played it once & it was about minus 20.

Edit- I can only do Sunday..No worries if you get a Spot in the Ted Jarman :thup:

Edit Again- Thought I was having a weird dream.. Ive just put Homes under the Hammer on and Dion Dublin is presenting it..:eek:oo:

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm up for it LB! I can't play on Saturday and Theres a weekend comp on at Pleasington so Im looking for a game. That team open at Clitheroe looks good if we could get 4.
Only played it once & it was about minus 20.

Edit- I can only do Sunday..No worries if you get a Spot in the Ted Jarman :thup:

Edit Again- Thought I was having a weird dream.. Ive just put Homes under the Hammer on and Dion Dublin is presenting it..:eek:oo:

Sorry, our kid, I've just had a call from west lancs, as I was on the reserve list, saying they've had someone pull out. Do you want me to ask them to put you on the reserve list also? £45 for two rounds.

I understand if your shoulder isn't up to it though.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry, our kid, I've just had a call from west lancs, as I was on the reserve list, saying they've had someone pull out. Do you want me to ask them to put you on the reserve list also? £45 for two rounds.

No worries mate. Probably best not to chance it at West Lancs, I'll try and sort a game at Royal Chorley :thup:

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Are you in Peter?
If so, what time are you off?
Had to phone them on Tuesday as I wasn't on list, even though they cashed my cheque on 29th September last year!!!!!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you in Peter?
If so, what time are you off?
Had to phone them on Tuesday as I wasn't on list, even though they cashed my cheque on 29th September last year!!!!!!

Yes mate, I start on the 10th, I think at 9.39.

I thought I seen you in the group before, but do you start on the 1st or 10th?

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2 N/R's for me
1st round 14 holes 32 putts
2nd round 9 holes 21 putts
Not sure how Pedro got on, but a fella from Royal Lee Park won apparently
I'd already left to ask Birchy for some advice on the best way to helicopter a badly misbehaving flat stick, how I never launched it onto the railway today I don't know!!!!
Wind made it tough, only 2 net 72's in morning round. Fairways & Tees in very good nickk, greens had been hollow tined, so the odd couple of bobbles and not as quick as normal, but still very good. Think someone may have upset Head Greenkeeper judging by some of the pin placements

D

Deleted member 1740

2 N/R's for me
1st round 14 holes 32 putts
2nd round 9 holes 21 putts
Not sure how Pedro got on, but a fella from Royal Lee Park won apparently
I'd already left to ask Birchy for some advice on the best way to helicopter a badly misbehaving flat stick, how I never launched it onto the railway today I don't know!!!!
Wind made it tough, only 2 net 72's in morning round. Fairways & Tees in very good Nick, greens had been hollow times, so the odd couple of bubbles and not as quick as normal, but still very good. Think someone may have upset Head Greenkeeper judging by some of the pin placements

John Hughes?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
John Hughes?

Yes, the venerable John Hughes.

I was in about joint 5th place after 1 round. Scored 80, nett 74 but CSS was 75.

Shot an 85 in the afternoon after a tired back 9.

In the morning I had an 8 on a par 4 after going OOB.

Followed it with an eagle 3 on a par 5.

3 on a par 3

Birdie 3 on a par 4

Lipped for birdie on the next, then 2 putted further. Otherwise I would have followed my 8 with a 3,3,3,3.

I had the company of a certain Mr. Joey Barton for all 36 holes - perfect gentleman.:thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those who played SAOL last week in the 36 holer.

That is childs play compared to a West Lancs 36 holer.

Gauntlet firmly thrown down for next year.......

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was in about joint 5th place after 1 round. Scored 80, nett 74 but CSS was 75.

3 on a par 3

Birdie 3 on a par 4

Lipped for birdie on the next, then 2 putted further. Otherwise I would have followed my 8 with a 3,3,3,3.

I had the company of a certain Mr. Joey Barton for all 36 holes - perfect gentleman.:thup:

Nice shooting Pedro. Where did you finish ? Must have been high up ? Agree that West lancs is a different animal than SAOL. Even more so if the wind is up.

I was talking to Nick Hibbs (Tour-X golf) and he said the same about Joey as you.....a really great guy, very easy going, and good fun to be around.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

3 on a par 3

Birdie 3 on a par 4

Good shooting.

Bet you thanked Joey for getting himself sent off at City a couple of years back! :rant: ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

3 on a par 3

Birdie 3 on a par 4

Was John Hughes smiling?

Well done Pedro thats a great effort mate. What was the winning score?