Nunchuck shaft. Anyone use one

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used one for a few range sessions.

I didn't realise any material benefit over what I was using at the time so it didn't last long. It was a while ago though, so I can't recall the playing characateristics or results... or even the head I installed it in. Sorry. :-(

Edit: It certainly didn't feel loose though, which was my concern given the single flex offering.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For those who don't know, this is a shaft with a very stiff butt & tip section & a soft middle. Only one flex, suitable for all swings (!) Some swear by it, others hate it. Anyone got one? I know someone here sold one.

http://www.nventix.com

some big claims on their site- it was best new product (or similar) at the PGA show in 2011! the sceptic in me thinks if it was that good nearly 3 years ago why have we not heard anymore and it's taken over?

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried one in a 3-wood but didn't like it. Not totally convinced about their theory either, as many others who seemingly get on fine without one will testify. If it works for you, then great.

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
some big claims on their site- it was best new product (or similar) at the PGA show in 2011! the sceptic in me thinks if it was that good nearly 3 years ago why have we not heard anymore and it's taken over?

They have certainly featured in a small number of bags on tour and I don't believe those players were paid to play them, from memory.

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
They have certainly featured in a small number of bags on tour and I don't believe those players were paid to play them, from memory.

I wonder whom and I wonder why they don't mention this important marketing information on their website

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wonder whom and I wonder why they don't mention this important marketing information on their website

With the help of google I've found the chap I was thinking of - Jhonattan Vegas. He won a Nationwide Tour event a couple of years ago using the Nunchuk shaft in his driver.

You raise a fair point as to why it's not more popular though...