Northern Lights

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Amazing.
Having seen your thread, I've just read that the activity tonight is so strong and the visibility so clear that the lights might be visible even in southern England. I've set an alarm for after the streetlights go out.

Hope you get the chance to see them, it’s the brightest I’ve ever seen them here, I’m lucky that theres not much light pollution here, it’s very quite too and sometimes you can hear the lights’whistling’

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Was disappointed not to see them when we were up near Aberdeen. Heard on the local news one night that there’d been a good light show the night before. Mrs Hobbit said she had wondered what the green lights were when she was out having a cig the night before:devilish:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some amazing pics from last night. Sadly I have Dundee on the northern skyline and it’s awful for light pollution.

I got this from the phone camera but it wasn’t really visible to the naked eye and only came out in the photo edit.

8212E82D-9C10-4F0C-A2AD-A83A204F38A1.jpeg

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some amazing pics from last night. Sadly I have Dundee on the northern skyline and it’s awful for light pollution.

I got this from the phone camera but it wasn’t really visible to the naked eye and only came out in the photo edit.

View attachment 46669

Shame about the light pollution I guess you would have to pick a more remote location to see them.

Have a long weekend at Reay at the right time of year and if your unlucky enough not to see the lights it’s a good excuse to play a great course 👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wow looks great reflecting off the water, not much light pollution there 👍
…as in none…they are many miles from the nearest town with nothing in between…and even then, neither Oban nor Lochgilphead is exactly a major metropolis, and Tobermory is little more than a fairly big village.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Missus got a laugh at me running across the living room saying... " there's an Aurora alert....... in Scotland. "

False alarm here :(