North West OOM 2014 Player auction

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure I know which one it isn't out of the 2 I have at the moment, not had it on course yet but might bring it on Sunday for a trip down "missed 2 footer" memory lane!! :whoo:

I've accidentally "won" another one on eBay though!!

What happened to the Mizzy Iain ?? Dont give me any negative vibes on the Mizzy mate, don't put it on the subs bench.
mines on fire on the lounge carpet at the moment. I thought yours was a stayer?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's your new one pal?!? My bets a Ping ;)

does it matter, if the ball falls into the hole??

Irrational but with a big mallet putter I always decelerate thinking I'm going to hit it too hard....

Mizuno one, to be fair, seems to be the best of both worlds. Might have a try with yours on Sunday to see what it's like.

I bid on a Nike Method putter and forgot about it until I got an email saying I'd won it!! Almost an Orka-esque bargain though so not too bothered if I don't like it.....

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
What happened to the Mizzy Iain ?? Dont give me any negative vibes on the Mizzy mate, don't put it on the subs bench.
mines on fire on the lounge carpet at the moment. I thought yours was a stayer?

Rest easy sir, Mizuno one is here to stay.

I was taken in by one bargain that I dont think is for me and have accidentally won another one on eBay!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell! I nip out for a few hours to college and its turned into Dickinsons real deal!!! :whoo:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bid status and ive now put handicaps in brackets now

Brief description of format :-

Matchplay group stage. Points for winning matches, holes and getting halves. All points affect your ranking for the final. Higher ranking after matchplay has better chance to win. A bit like the fedex cup style ranking where the higher ranked have better chance to win but people from lower on leaderboard can still win with a good day and a bit of luck.

Group A
Peterlav (6) - £10 by Peterlav
Bluewolf (6/7 cards in for new hcap but looking low) - £10 by Liverbirdie
Valentino (14) - £10 BY NWJocko
Podgster (24) - £15 by Qwerty
Jack Bfc (tbc) - £3 by Birchy

Group B
Liverbirdie (6) - £20 by NWJocko
Gregbwfc (12) - £7.50 by Odvan
Karl102 (14) - £10 by Val
Odvan (15) - £5 by Chiefio
Karl cole (tbc) - £10 by Karlcole's pal

Group C
NWJocko (7) - £25 by Bluewolf
Qwerty (9) - £40 by StuC
Birchy (13) - £10 by Peterlav
LouiseA (15) - £10 by Junior
Huds1475 (23) - £3 by Huds1475

Group D
Garyinderry (8) - £20 by Gregbwfc
Centuryg5 (11) - £5 by Liverbirdie
StuC (16) - £5 by LouiseA
Vikingman (15) - £10 by Vikingman
Scouser (23) - £3 by Birchy (need compensation just in case a miracle does happen )

Think ive got all the bids in there :D

D

Deleted member 17920

Birchy, your own crowd don't seem to have any faith in you so I will have £15 on you as I got outbid on Gaz.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Matchplay group stage. Points for winning matches, holes and getting halves. All points affect your ranking for the final. Higher ranking after matchplay has better chance to win. A bit like the fedex cup style ranking where the higher ranked have better chance to win but people from lower on leaderboard can still win with a good day and a bit of luck.

Group A

Group B
Gregbwfc (12) - £7.50 by Odvan
Karl102 (14) - £10 by Val

Group C
Qwerty (9) - £40 by StuC
Birchy (13) - £15 by Lincoln quaker

Group D
Garyinderry (8) - £20 by Gregbwfc
Scouser (23) - £3 by Birchy (need compensation just in case a miracle does happen )

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wohooo :whoo:. Cheers Josh, I can only assume that it was a sympathy bid after playing 18 with me.

Have no fear, I shall do your five pounds proud....

:whistle:

I could tell your just getting warmed up for the season. I've got faith in you.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Group A

Group B
Gregbwfc (12) - £10 by Birchy
Karl102 (14) - £20 by Garyinderry

Group C
Qwerty (9) - £40 by StuC
Birchy (13) - £15 by Lincoln quaker

Group D
Garyinderry (8) - £25 by Birchy

Added a few more bids of my own :whoo:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well we've had Birchy's initial vox-pop of each player.

We had my inane ramblings.

What about each player trying to sell themselves, to bring the moolah in. Why will this be your year, are you having lessons, new gear. Lucky elderly ladies bingo millinery re-found in the dog basket? Come on I want to see fighting talk.

Do you look into the other competitors in your groups' eyes and see fear? Will your handicap travel well. do you have a steely resolve. We're you the first to dive to the bottom of the pool for the brick in your pyjamas, were you forged on the council estates of skelmerstown. What have you got?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
What have you got?

Matchplay is my forte, my record last season was losng only 2 out of 19 matches I beat 2 guys both off less than me in the Nike matchplay, I got beaten in it by a guy who holed a 100 yard shot for an eagle! to win the match. Already had one match for the club this year beating a 9 handicapper 4&3 on their own track.

The drawback for me, and I am not moaning about it, is that I will lose some distance advantage with the guys playing off the yellows.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Matchplay is my forte, my record last season was losng only 2 out of 19 matches I beat 2 guys both off less than me in the Nike matchplay, I got beaten in it by a guy who holed a 100 yard shot for an eagle! to win the match. Already had one match for the club this year beating a 9 handicapper 4&3 on their own track.

The drawback for me, and I am not moaning about it, is that I will lose some distance advantage with the guys playing off the yellows.

You wont lose any advantage. All ties will be calculated under Congu guidelines with the tees with the lowest scratch score receiving the difference.

No feeble excuses for losing, even for you in this format :ears: