North East - Charity Golf Day Friday 22nd May - Hallgarth golf & Country Club

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
North East - Charity Golf Day Friday 22nd May - Hallgarth golf & Country Club

Hi All

For the past few years, myself and 3 friends have done the MacMillan Long Golf Day

This year i wanted to raise some money for the childrens department at University of North Durham (Treetops Ward) who have been great in treating my daughter and looking after her through her various operations

Thinking of raising even more than previous, i decided to make it 8 players, and turn it into a Ryder Cup style competition, but still incorporating 4 rounds of golf.

I got 2 companies from where i work, to sponsor each team and so we had 2x Teams of 4 for the day.

7am round 1 is Strokeplay with 4 points to the player with best round, down to 0.5 points for the worst..
11am round 2 is 4BBB, 1 points available to winning team, 0.5 for a half
3.30pm round 3 is Greesomes, 1 points available to winning team,0.5 for a half
6.30pm round 4 is singles matchplay, 1 points to winning player,0.5 for a half

(i am aware that if team A have the 4 best strokeplay rounds, the team competition is effectively over!)

Then over the weekend, i had the inevitable (i organise 5 aside weekly, i know the the drill...) some one has dropped out!

Is anyone available on the day to step in? I understand its really short notice and would take out a full day to do so.

It's based at Hallgarth which is on the outskirts of Darlington...