Non-Q cards back to home club????

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A mate of mine who's a Artisan Member at Littlestone golf club and he's just received this email. How can it be policed?

Dear Member,

With effect from January 2017, England Golf have added a new requirement in regard to a players handicap relating to Non-Qualifying Competition golf.

This is that - players are required to return all scores in competitive golf in Non-Qualifying Competitions away from the players home clubs. This is in all formats, individual or team, but excluding Texas Scramble, Foursomes or Greensomes.

These scores should be returned to the Director of Golf for input into the handicap record. Please note that these scores do not directly affect a player’s handicap, but will be used as ‘supporting evidence’ of performance when it comes to a handicap review. Additionally, England Golf stipulate that failure to return these scores by the player could result in loss or suspension of handicap under clause 24.1.

Furthermore, England Golf also suggest that clubs should also be aware of regular roll-ups that take place at their club, and the performance of players in the various formats of those roll ups, without the need to formally record individual scores. With the swindles operating at LGC (Monday Vets, Tuesday and Friday) the top scores are recorded and we feel this should be adequate for these purposes. However, if you would like to record your scores regardless, then Intelligent Golf have a facility on the “My Golf - My Rounds” section of the Club website to “add a non-competition round” (click on header in left hand box).

I hope these directions are clear and look forward to seeing the results on players records.

DCB

Visit site
Please note that these scores do not directly affect a player’s handicap, but will be used as ‘supporting evidence’ of performance when it comes to a handicap review.

Only being used as part of annual review at the end of the season ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?89363-Non-Qualfiying-Scores-from-Away-Clubs

I have said to people that I only require scores from Comps that are organised by Congu affiliated clubs within an organised format - no society scores.

Also swindles don't count if they don't play within comp rules - i.e. The use of gimmies.

But have said if someone wants to put a Swindle score in then they can use the personal Scorecard facility on IG
So anyone from you're club playing the TT or like don't have to give their scores in.
And yet you're vocal against these comps despite them being properly organised and run in accordance with the RoG :confused:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The whole thing is something that would/will be hard to police and like everything it's up to the integrity of players.

I recently played at a very large inter club BB comp at a very well known club in the SW. At the end of the day I asked for all the cards associated with our club only to be told that all cards had been binned.

When I mentioned the directive from CONGU the reply was "it's only a fun comp". 16 clubs with eight players and nice prizes. It appears not all clubs care about policing handicaps.