No longer a nomad!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oxford (Southfield) on a lifestyle membership.
Been playing there mostly this year and enjoy the course, plus it suits my work time and I know a few guys there.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Nice. Enjoyed it when I played there in the past. They are kindly hosting an "open day" on the 28th (if you read the enforced nomad thread), but unfortunately I will be working away that day.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I saw that on their website too. Big shame about carswell, Only played it twice but enjoyed it each time.
Any idea where you might look at joining yet?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
It is. Not rushing into any decision. Have to travel to the Churchill at times with the better half so know the journey to your club isn't a great one for me - although the way the parking is going it might be better to join and park at the GC!
Anyway this thread is about you - was your last membership at Frilford?
What made you join now, is there an autumn/winter incentive?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My last membership was at north Oxford in 2011. Hard to believe it was that long ago!
I’ve been playing all year at Oxford as a visitor with friends who are members and just decided to join and commit a bit more time to golf.

Oxford traffic/parking is a nightmare to be fair, especially at the hospitals!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nice. Enjoyed it when I played there in the past. They are kindly hosting an "open day" on the 28th (if you read the enforced nomad thread), but unfortunately I will be working away that day.

If you ever fancy a round at Oxford give me a shout, I have a load of points to use up so you can have it for free.
It’s a decent golf course IMO

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Top man. Really enjoy playing there and as I said, top guys. Get your name down next season for the match and hopefully we can have a game

Yes I’m hoping to get involved in matches if time allows.
Always welcome to come and have a knock too if you fancy it.