Nike VR_S Covert Fairway Wood and Hybrid

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like to keep to the same manufacturer, maintain a good feel for a set of clubs. I have the driver and a set of irons and wedges, and a putter I quite like, I'm just really missing a fairway wood and a hybrid club.

Next time I'm at the range I'm going to try them and see, but has anyone here used them? Any good?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nike have traditionally made pretty good 3-woods including few great ones.

I know a Plus handicapper who was still using the T60 not very long ago - and that's from 2005 (Tiger used it very effectively around then)!

Covert FWs have a very good reputation, if less spectacularly pushed than TMs offerings. Haven't encountered the hybrids much, so can't comment.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like to keep to the same manufacturer, maintain a good feel for a set of clubs. I have the driver and a set of irons and wedges, and a putter I quite like, I'm just really missing a fairway wood and a hybrid club.

Next time I'm at the range I'm going to try them and see, but has anyone here used them? Any good?

If you have the driver, you've already overcome the biggest potential issues - the colour and the big swoosh in the heel.

Out of the 2 versions, I preferred the smaller looking head on the pro version - that's got the adjustment on it too. It was pretty strong for me, strangely I got the best results with it cranked up to 17*!!??
One thing that I didn't like about the pro version was that the black face scarred and scuffed quicker than any club I've seen before.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just couldn't get used to the 'brightness' of the head, wanted to like it but ended up going for the previous VR_S model in both 3 wood and hybrid, i thought they were very similar in performance, just prefer the look of the non covert VR_S. Just my tuppence worth.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got the tour 3 wood. Love it, thought the red would bother me at first but once I hit it, I barely noticed.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the FW and hybrid....and they are very good clubs. The hybrid does look a little odd at address, but you soon get over that!!