Nike, Mizuno, Titleist....who to choose?!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Having just read on the site that Oli Fisher has chosen to sign with Nike (what a position for an 18-yr-old to be in - why didn't my parents push me harder?!) - its made me think about club choice

I have got some Titleist 750s...love them (mostly) but is Nike any better? Or what about Taylor Made?

If i was going pro who the hell do you sign with?

Or is it all just rubbish - only a stick afterall!

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
True Blue- I think your parents must have been realists-I’ve seen your chipping action and their decision to push you away from golf as a professional was probably a wise one!

If I was a professional just starting out I thin I’d sign for who ever offered me the most money-I don’t think there is a great deal to separate the top brands in terms of performance-particularly when they will make pros a set of clubs to suit their needs perfectly.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Paul09 are you feeling alright? Don't forget i have seen your "ape" position over the ball...makes Jim Furyk look like a classsic!

My regular nickname is in fact Pogo - because i get up and down so often!

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't forget that there have been cases of professionals signing for a new brand of clubs for a huge wad of cash, only to see their game go down the pan. There must be *something* that separates them, unless the players' problems are more confidence related than anything.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I would agree with that - remember when Monty changed to Callaway and had a disaster for a while...might have been other issues that caused that though!

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't monty go from fat callaway irons to blades when he went to yonex? I think you can switch from brand to brand but such a big switch in terms of the type of clubs cant be good.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you turn pro i think titleist don't pay there pros as much as other brands. i would prefer titleist taylormade then nike.
Arnold palmer didnt have to rely on todays technology to shoot under par, so i guess its just get familiar with what you got.