Night Golf

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club did it a few years ago. The balls were very hard, and they put a night stick in each of them. It was a good laugh, though I would recommend putting a red light or something on the back of your back or trolley for those behind you. Having a good torch also helps:)

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great fun.
Don’t take it seriously
Amazing how you work out where you ball has gone even if you don’t see it or know where it landed
(Even with the glow balls, sometimes you don’t see it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had one a couple of years ago. Was very enjoyable and the members had a good evening. Financially it was expensive to put on but I think if they'd stuck with it this year they could have got more players and negotiated a better deal. Definitely worth doing and not to be taken seriously at all

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
My club did it a few years ago. The balls were very hard, and they put a night stick in each of them. It was a good laugh, though I would recommend putting a red light or something on the back of your back or trolley for those behind you. Having a good torch also helps:)
Yep^^^^ this. It was a chuckle. I’d do it again. You need a head torch really. I liked watching the balls go off like tracer bullets

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Robster59...Our place(Fereneze)did this on a Friday night and it was a sell-out,but I think the Scotch pie and chips plus cheaper pricing at the bar certainly helped.
If(and I'm sure it will be)its done again then it could well be over-subscribed-which is only good for club funds!!
All hail the committee for at least trying something a bit novel (and fun)!

Jimbo

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We've done it 2 winters in a row now, over subscribed both times, great fun. Head torch is a boon since it leaves two hands free and makes you visible to the the group behind.
Enjoy. :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Only one I've been involved in was a nearest the pin challenge at night on a par 3.

It was great fun.

Balls don't or certainly didn't fly as far as normal balls when I did it, not sure if this has improved!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't hit anything more than 7-iron. I shot +6 gross for the nine holes we played just using that, a wedge and putter. The trouble is you cannot see your takeaway position so you wind up out of position on the downswing. So control your swing to a half-shot if you can.

it was a laugh even more so when three of us went back out to start jumping out of the dark at people. Well we thought it was funny.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funniest thing for me was the fact that on lots of putts people crouched behind their ball, even though it was impossible to see the ground let alone the line. Just ingrained habit. Be prepared to take some big divots too.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Great fun night go for it.1st one I went to our tee times were before it got dark so we went back to bar till proper darkness arrived with predictable results,great night

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never played in one myself (bit difficult driving a buggy round in the dark) but we have held them several times in the past.

The one thing that we request is that players finding the balls over the next few days return them to the office for re-use.