Nick Griffin on Questiontime...good or bad

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guarantee the BBC will make a mess of this. One of two things will happen;
He will be asked about their immigration policy and their various racist policies of which Griffin is an expert at answering. After all it's all he's asked about whenever he's on TV.
This plays right into his hands as the people he is trying to appeal to love to hear the kind of rhetoric he spouts on these occasions.

or..

He will she shouted down as a racist and a bigot and is not given any platform at all.

Either will suit him down to the ground.

What should happen is he should be asked about his economic policy, about how he proposes to get Britain back to work. He should be asked how they are going to revive the economy.
He should be asked about his education policies.
He should be asked about Transport policies.
He should be asked about his foreign policies.
In fact, he should be asked about everything except his immigration policy as this will expose him for what he really is:- An amateur politician, playing student politics.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whether you like it or not this country is reliant on immigration.

Us "ethnically" British are a declining aging population therefore our available labour pool is shrinking slowly but surely.

Griffin called the Ghurkas mercanaries mocked Johnson Beharry yet allows convicted criminals to become councillors says all you need to know about him and his followers.

Griffin doesn't "talk" about immigration he plays on peoples fears which are especially heightned during a recession.

Simple fact is that if we deported everyone on his hitlist the counrty would collapse.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Whether you like it or not this country is reliant on immigration.

Us "ethnically" British are a declining aging population therefore our available labour pool is shrinking slowly but surely.

Griffin called the Ghurkas mercanaries mocked Johnson Beharry yet allows convicted criminals to become councillors says all you need to know about him and his followers.

Griffin doesn't "talk" about immigration he plays on peoples fears which are especially heightned during a recession.

Simple fact is that if we deported everyone on his hitlist the counrty would collapse.

I am not saying I agree with Mr Griffin but I doubt what you say, we have all heard the rich businessmen talking the same talk and the only one getting rich is them on immigration, the working people loose out on school places, hospital needs, housing not forgetting work. My problems are more with the PC brigade who have cocked everything up and now blame everyone else but themselves.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not a BNP supporter, but I do wonder how there are lots of people who know about Griffins 'real policies' that he never mentions.

How do they know about these?
Are they secretly BNP members who he has told?
Is he their best friend?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I'm not a BNP supporter, but I do wonder how there are lots of people who know about Griffins 'real policies' that he never mentions.

Is he their best friend?

I think you need to vist their website which is funny.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Is he their best friend?

From his meeting with the KKK in America (it's on You Tube).

In his speech Nick Griffin confirms that BNP strategy is to re-package and "sell" BNP ideas to British voters. Nick Griffin confirms that, instead of using traditional far-right slogans about terror, hate, authoritarianism and violence, the new BNP strategy is to use "saleable words" like "freedom, security, identity, democracy" instead, while reassuring his (small) pro-KKK audience that the BNP's secret and real beliefs are still "your ideas too". Nick Griffin admits that the long-term BNP goal of forcibly expelling all non-White Britons from the their homes is, for the time being, best served by "being rather more subtle" - because in the short-term, the BNP being HONEST about their real beliefs would get his party "absolutely nowhere".

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find it all a little laughable sometimes, especially the way the established parties are happy to publically abuse, insult, condem and even demand that BNP be banned all togeather, where is the democracy, more like fear. Fear of losing seats, fear of the face of politics changing here in a bad way, what?

The best way to deal with a party of this type is to give them equal floor time and let them hang themselves. Fear moves people to make bad judgements, the BNP to me are not something to fear, so why do so many appear frightened of them?

As for being on question time, thats fine by me, I just hope we dont hear a slanging match, and crowd instigating remarks of an abusive nature towards griffin as this will work more in his favour than against. None of the parties are whiter than white (no pun intended) over most issues, but if they want to retain respect they should show restraint.

I want to hear what Griffin has to say and what his arguments are and what his policies mean, without him being abused or shouted down, as I belive he will hang himself in the process. But it won't surprise me if they have a plant in the audience to stir things up if the panel dont, I think Griffin is wiley enough to do that. ;)

B

birdieman

Well said Herbie, that's about how I feel about it. They're getting votes in England so they have a right to speak as democratically elected party. Watching the show now Griffin is doing a pretty good job of looking like a bit of a fool to be frank so it will work against the BNP I believe.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Griffin was and is a plonker, but it seems the main parties are still avoiding capping the population and by doing so are leaving the doors open.

I did like the fact that Straw brought up WW2 and slated Griffin but Griffin mentioned his dad faught in the war while Straws dad was in jail for refusing to fight!!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a bit of a circus to behonest, Jack Straw really confirmed to me he is a tw@t, Griffin was set up to be slaughtered by a bunch of bawbags in the audience.We nver really got any info on there policies which IMO is what we wanted to hear.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Griffin nicely demonstrated that, yes, he is an odious little ******. (fill in expletive of your own choice.)

Sadly though, life in general is showing that odious little ******es are increasingly getting more support than they deserve.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched the program but I was very disappointed in presenter and most of the panel. It was nothing short of a playground bullying of Griffin, with nothing but childish remarks and constant interrupting of the man. I think he may well get a lot of sympathy from certain sections of the public as historically no one likes to see someone bullied.

The panel could not have been more undemocratic and I feel they shot themselves in the foot, no matter how daft Griffin appeared to be, some members of the audience joined in with this childish attack on griffin and no one brought out the nitty gritty of policy, no one really made any effort to dispose of the BNP policies, it was all purely point scoring, ganging up. We hear a lot about raceists, what do we call this little gang of political thugs?

So very few people were there to listen to what Griffin had to say, the majority had the agenda that, if we abuse, ridicule, try to confuse, insult griffin, they would be doing everyone a favour???? Well Im afraid the idiots who are seemingly happy to follow pathetic idiots, have done more for a fools cause than they realise. I think the BNP will benefit from this in many areas around the country (Though obviously not in the multi cultural London area where the program took place)

The biggest laughs for me were the repeated attempts by politicians to give the impression Griffin could not be trusted and lied about everything, and harped on about it at every oportunity.........do they not realise that in recent years the public have lost faith and trust in lying cheating and manipulating politicians across the board..????? What a dumb tactic to adopt.

I am really gutted that the wrong panel was chosen and a oportunity to really do damage to the BNP has been lost in the hands of childish, spiteful, vindictive children who seemingly believe they were involved in a democratic debate?

Well done BBC for at least showing the world what complete prats we have on all sides of the fence who themselves have a tier system of democracy.

If you belive in something we dont like we will just shout you down and call you names...naaa naaa na naaa naaaa!

If you belive in our way , we will let you speak.

PATHETIC!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I concur Herbie.

As mentioned I am not a voter of the BNP. Living on a council estate for the past five years with the current governments multicultural policy, I have seen big big changes not only on our estate but in Leeds, I would say the amount of Africans living now in Leeds has gone up by 50% over the past 10 years. I worry that the governments either tory or labour will not take real action on immigration as it is only going to create massive housing, employment and social issues for the furture.

No other country in the EU has such an open door policy so I see no reason for us also.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched the program but I was very disappointed in presenter and most of the panel. It was nothing short of a playground bullying of Griffin, with nothing but childish remarks and constant interrupting of the man. I think he may well get a lot of sympathy from certain sections of the public as historically no one likes to see someone bullied.

The panel could not have been more undemocratic and I feel they shot themselves in the foot, no matter how daft Griffin appeared to be, some members of the audience joined in with this childish attack on griffin and no one brought out the nitty gritty of policy, no one really made any effort to dispose of the BNP policies, it was all purely point scoring, ganging up. We hear a lot about raceists, what do we call this little gang of political thugs?

So very few people were there to listen to what Griffin had to say, the majority had the agenda that, if we abuse, ridicule, try to confuse, insult griffin, they would be doing everyone a favour???? Well Im afraid the idiots who are seemingly happy to follow pathetic idiots, have done more for a fools cause than they realise. I think the BNP will benefit from this in many areas around the country (Though obviously not in the multi cultural London area where the program took place)

The biggest laughs for me were the repeated attempts by politicians to give the impression Griffin could not be trusted and lied about everything, and harped on about it at every oportunity.........do they not realise that in recent years the public have lost faith and trust in lying cheating and manipulating politicians across the board..????? What a dumb tactic to adopt.

I am really gutted that the wrong panel was chosen and a oportunity to really do damage to the BNP has been lost in the hands of childish, spiteful, vindictive children who seemingly believe they were involved in a democratic debate?

Well done BBC for at least showing the world what complete prats we have on all sides of the fence who themselves have a tier system of democracy.

If you belive in something we dont like we will just shout you down and call you names...naaa naaa na naaa naaaa!

If you belive in our way , we will let you speak.

PATHETIC!

Herbie , you have just put into words exactly what I felt about all this. Very well put sir.

Fed up with people shouting down others who have a diferent view point from them. Total hypocrits and they make me want to throttle them and shake some basic manners into them.

Jack Straw , we won WWII because the Americans joined in .. simple as that

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It was a total farce and Herb has summed it up 100% correctly....those in the audience were nothing short of rude,they never let him put all his view accross as half way through (if he was lucky) he was shot down in flames by not just the ethnics but the white members of both the audience and panel......and as for the presenter...no backbone,he never had an control last night.

The positive thing I saw last night was that everyone was in agreement that Britain is a joke when it comes to entry to our country and it needs looked at.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the show did him a huge favour. I have never watch QT but did last night. I thought the people there were hand picked and the show was all against him. Total frace, David Dimabely came across as a bully as Griffin is meant to be.
I think the BNP will likely get more votes from the show so he (griffen) has a big smile on his face today.
I wonder does he play golf, can you imagine playing in his 4ball?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I don't agree at all, I thought the show was well marshalled by David Dimbleby he pushes anyone who gets away from the asked question, he had to push Jack Straw on numerous points. I always watch QT and I have seen it, just as heated (during expenses row for example), I think you have to remember that this person has been spouting this vile rubbish for years and it is very rare for people to be able to respond to him directly.

I think the show served its purpose which was to Give the Racist enough rope to hang himself, but you have to remeber it was a debate show and not a BNP question and answer show.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Well guys, now you know the reason I turned over. After a short time it was clear the whole programme was a farce. IMO the BBC made a big mistake on the way this was presented. Dimbleby should have been impartial, to some degree anyway, but when he waded in full tilt that was enough for me.

In what way was he not impartial, he asked him to point out which quotes of his where correctly reported - he often brings up things the panalists have said he does it to everyone.