Nick Griffin on Questiontime...good or bad

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that it is a good thing, we are after all talking about 2 x democratically elected MEPs so we need to hear his points, after all QTime has had members of the Greens, Animal Liberation etc on before. I think it will make for an interesting evenings viewing....remember end of the day we have the choice who represents us at council, government and MEP level, if you dont vote dont moan!
Will be listening to his thoughts on immigration, i read at weekend by 2040 uk population will have grown due to immigration by +10 million, or 10 cities size of Birmingham...what a state we will be in, thank god i will have gone by then.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
IMO i think its a good thing , as elected members they should be able to tell the country what there policies are in the open instead of everyone's pre judged ideas of them.

I'm not being rasict i would just like to hear what they have to say for themselves, yes they will have a idiot fringe but that was always going to happen. IMO immigration will have to be tightened up drastically as this country is such a easy touch to get into and get money from the state.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think its a really good thing it gets them out of the shadows, where they are able to put accross the soundbits that people want to hear (imigration etc).

It will hopefully show them in a true light for the racist scum that they are

daftscotsman

Club Champion
www.sportsplates.co.uk
Every other numpty and party get air time to put their point across, so why not Nick Griffin?

Will be good to hear his thoughts on immigration, hopefully hear some truth about it for a change!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As my Gran always said, if you dont like it turn if off.

I dont see the problem with him, look at us over here we have killers and bombers running goverment. What next Bin Laden invited to the white house.
I shall be watching!
Why not? it beats Xfactor lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think its ideal. Once the subjects move away from race etc he'll be shown up as a one dimensional figure and hopefully people will see that his part carrys no real credence on most policies. Give a man enough rope...

AndrewG

Assistant Pro
www.a-george.com
Well - lets hope he doesn't dupe any more people into voting BNP on an anti illegal immigration platform. (I mean - who ISN'T against that!!)...

His sole aim is to acquire power and influence, past a critical mass where he can then start implementing his real policies - the Neo-Nazi fascist stuff that people who recently voted for them don't know about, or think are just for the 'fringe' of the party. Nope - it starts at the top I'm afraid...

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'll think you'll find that those increased population figures were not just down to immigration, but also people living longer.

Not that I am not bothered about immigration, I am, but lets not pick and choose facts to suit our argument.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well - lets hope he doesn't dupe any more people into voting BNP on an anti illegal immigration platform. (I mean - who ISN'T against that!!)...

He will get more people voting for him but will hopefully drive more people to vote against him.

I think a leader of any party who is allowed to stand for election should be able to attend things like Question Time. It's our right as a voting public to here everyones views on how the country should be run. I also think Sky's attempt to get live debates with the leaders is also a good Idea. Bringing TV to the forefront of elections will make our choices easier to make rather than hearing bias news reports.

AndrewG

Assistant Pro
www.a-george.com

He will get more people voting for him but will hopefully drive more people to vote against him.

I think a leader of any party who is allowed to stand for election should be able to attend things like Question Time. It's our right as a voting public to here everyones views on how the country should be run. I also think Sky's attempt to get live debates with the leaders is also a good Idea. Bringing TV to the forefront of elections will make our choices easier to make rather than hearing bias news reports.

Its a really thorny one this because we know for a fact that he's only trying to make it look like the BNP is a real political party, we know he's only trying to deceive us long enough to be in a position to acheive his real aims. He said exactly that when addressing a Ku Klux Klan rally in the states. It worked for the million of voters he managed to get in the euro and local election recently, (the ones who weren't actually racist and fascist to begin with that is!)... I can't decide myself because if we allow him, then we should also allow any fundamentalist a voice in the British media...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Like most others, I think Griffin is an odious racist .... what was that controversial word much discussed here recently?

Anyway, if he is allowed to field candidates, he should be allowed to participate in QT, and hopefully he will expose himself and his party of thugs for what they are. Pity they will not come up again stronger opposition on the panel, though.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think its an excellent idea - he should last about 2 minutes before looking like a complete pillock, what with him being English and living in Wales as an immigrant....

His public profile should also ensure that the mainstream political parties seek to redress a couple of really key issues in Britain - both the levels of immigration, and the levels of social breakdown that have led to so many voting for him in the first place.

Lets face it - both of those issues would probably affect us more than imposing a tax on bankers etc

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its ideal. Once the subjects move away from race etc he'll be shown up as a one dimensional figure and hopefully people will see that his part carrys no real credence on most policies. Give a man enough rope...

the problem with this is that he's probably a lot more intelligent than many give him credit for. so the danger is that he will sound reasonable especially as there is a great deal of xenophobia around at the moment (justifiable or not).

just because he advocates one policy that you don't like does not mean that every policy he advocates you will also disagree with.

I always thought Benn was dangerous, others thought the same of Powell. Both could make very reasoned and seemingly sensible arguments.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's the right thing to do. All these folk up in arms are just adding fuel to the publicity fire.
Although I'm no supporter, I can't see how *much* of the discussion can give him opportunity to break into new-voter territory - even if he had a great view or policy on one aspect, I'd still not vote for them....
He should be allowed to appear....me thinks those that protesteth to loudly have issues with their own personal attitude to race/religion issues.
I'm not racist and am certainly not paranoid about giving people freedom of speech.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Can anyone tell me exactly why he shouldn't be allowed to appear??!! :D

Just had some numpty on BBC Scotland radio saying it was a disgrace and BBC Scotland should pull it from the air as the BNP have such a small foothold in Scotland it has nothing to do with the electorate!!! Total tool,does that mean anytime SNP are due to be on the panel it shouldn't be shown in England or the SNP should not appear??!!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
The people who are protesting are the one's who think they would have the most to lose if...and it is a colossal IF, the BNP were to ever get a foothold in British politics. Whilst the BNP supporters (I am not one) may dream of the day, in reality it will never happen. We live in a moderate safe society. The BNP will never achieve anything other than a handfull of protest seats. How could they ever hope to have any kind of political dialogue with the rest of the world, particularly the USA? However if the people who are so against the BNP are allowed to air their views on this as they have all day in every kind of media, then surely the BNP has also the right to be heard in a democratic society.However much they are disliked.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
How ironic is it that anti-fascists are protesting about freedom of speech!! lolz

I think its good he is on, he and the BNP are the only party willing to discuss immigration in the open. If you watch the UK Board farce program and see how many Indian "students" are living in this country and not studying, not only that but the amount of illegal’s living in this country and when we catch them we cant deport them because they have burnt their passports making it impossible to deport them.

Its like the anti-fascists who are trying to stop a English defence league demo in Leeds next week, I would have thought the whole country is against Islamic extremists.

Whilst the BNP supporters (I am not one) may dream of the day, in reality it will never happen.

The French nearly voted in the far right in protest and it was a close call if I remember correctly.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
How ironic is it that anti-fascists are protesting about freedom of speech!! lolz

I think its good he is on, he and the BNP are the only party willing to discuss immigration in the open. If you watch the UK Board farce program and see how many Indian "students" are living in this country and not studying, not only that but the amount of illegal’s living in this country and when we catch them we cant deport them because they have burnt their passports making it impossible to deport them.

Its like the anti-fascists who are trying to stop a English defence league demo in Leeds next week, I would have thought the whole country is against Islamic extremists.

Whilst the BNP supporters (I am not one) may dream of the day, in reality it will never happen.

The French nearly voted in the far right in protest and it was a close call if I remember correctly.

Jean Marie Le Pen was the French guy and he was so close to getting in ,that would have turned the country inside out .

This country is a soft touch, lets hear what he has to say as there the only one's talking about immigration