Nicest pay & play with no handicap requirements!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Foxhills is nice but I wouldn’t play it later than early October as it can start to get soggy end of October / start November.

Mind you with climate change ive also played princes in October in bright sunshine and zero wind, so you never know.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ring up, chat to the Pro and explain your situation. Most places will be helpful...if they are not, don't go.

Always book ahead..

I was going to say this. I think most clubs put handicap certificate required as it gives them the ability to remove players who are causing issues (whether through damage or undue delays to play as not ready for the course). If you call up, say play regularly to a handicap standard (quite wide with handicap increases) then I reckon you won't have an issue.

Beau Desert up in the Midlands would be worth a look, Notts Hollinwell was lovely when I played that, Woburn superb but I can't find pricing currently on their website so presume no visitors and Woodhall Spa gets good reviews.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Interesting comments about Woburn. I've taken customers there and played corporate days with no issues. Those type of events are notorious for having lots of people that don't know which end of the club to hold.

Visit site
If you're North of London, then a trip to Woodhall Spa is a real treat, especially staying a night at the Petwood, the Dambusters HQ.
I would reckon that's about three hours from north London.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ring up, chat to the Pro and explain your situation. Most places will be helpful...if they are not, don't go.

Always book ahead..

This is what I have done, never been turned away yet. I think a few places may just have it as a way of discouraging too many visitors.

grant28

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replies! Interesting hearing all the replies about rarely or never being asked for handicap proof, I’ll definitely phone up and ask and see how I get on.
If it’s put on websites as a deterrent then to be fair, it’s worked as I’ve always taken that as gospel!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Interesting comments about Woburn. I've taken customers there and played corporate days with no issues. Those type of events are notorious for having lots of people that don't know which end of the club to hold.

TBH when we actually arrived we weren't asked whatsoever. It was just a booking they asked about our handicaps.