Nicest pay & play with no handicap requirements!

grant28

Visit site
Hey all,
I’ve got a big birthday next year so want to treat myself to as nicest course as possible.
I’m not a member anywhere so don’t have an official handicap so that rules out a lot of courses!
Wondered if you could share with me some decent courses that you know I’ll be able to get on!
I’ve already played The Grove & Belfry Brabazon so would rule them out as would prefer somewhere new.
Definitely needs to be in England, I’m just outside London so anything within 3 hours I’d be happy with!
Would appreciate your help and many thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 15344

I haven’t been asked for a Handicap Certifcate at any course I have played

So what is your budget ?

What type of course - links , heathland ?

Do you want to play a corp pay and play course or a members course

Your options will be mainly based on your budget

evemccc

Visit site
Berkhamsted is a lovely heathland-lite course, not as expensive as many, but good and with fairly unique features — I don’t think they’d ask for Hcap

D

Deleted Member 1156

Any of the hotel resort courses should be fine. Marriott (Forest of Arden etc) or somewhere like East Sussex National. Woburn?

grant28

Visit site
Berkhamsted is a lovely heathland-lite course, not as expensive as many, but good and with fairly unique features — I don’t think they’d ask for Hcap

That’s only 30mins from me so I’m actually hoping to tick that one off this year!

grant28

Visit site
I haven’t been asked for a Handicap Certifcate at any course I have played

So what is your budget ?

What type of course - links , heathland ?

Do you want to play a corp pay and play course or a members course

Your options will be mainly based on your budget
I’d love a links course! But I’ll take what I can get haha

D

Deleted member 15344

I’d love a links course! But I’ll take what I can get haha
Well Woburn is a choice but for links then Princes and Royal Cinque Ports , you could also look at somewhere like the London Club , then you could look at the sand belt in the Surrey etc - could travel down to Bournemouth and play at Remedy Oak.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Well Woburn is a choice but for links then Princes and Royal Cinque Ports , you could also look at somewhere like the London Club , then you could look at the sand belt in the Surrey etc - could travel down to Bournemouth and play at Remedy Oak.

Phil, have you forgotten that RCP is massively overrated

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
In the absence of information about your budget and playing experience, I would also have said Woburn. 3 great courses, corporate so very relaxed and hospitable.
Or head towards Bournemouth, fill your boots! Parkstone, Broadstone, Ferndown.. can't go wrong.

Princes on Kent coast has accommodation....

Despite what the websites say, hardly anyone asks for handicap certificates.

evemccc

Visit site
Brancaster, Hunstanton, Cromer and Sheringham in Norfolk would be worth investigating from the London area

grant28

Visit site
Knowing the budget would make if a lot easier to give sound suggestions
Would pay £200-£250 if it was a
In the absence of information about your budget and playing experience, I would also have said Woburn. 3 great courses, corporate so very relaxed and hospitable.
Or head towards Bournemouth, fill your boots! Parkstone, Broadstone, Ferndown.. can't go wrong.

Princes on Kent coast has accommodation....

Despite what the websites say, hardly anyone asks for handicap certificates.
Really? I’ve always avoided courses when it states they required handicap certificates as I dread the thought of driving a few hours and being turned away... has always crossed my mind though that if you’re paying a decent green fee then they won’t want to turn the money away either

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The only places in the UK I've been asked for my handicap certificate were Woodhall Spa and many, (many), years ago, the Belfry.
As long as you don't rock up to the pro shop with your cap on back to front wearing combat trousers/shorts and no socks you'll be fine anywhere.
Last thing I would do is phone up beforehand and speak to the 'pro. If he got out of bed the wrong side and wanted to be arsey he would tell you to go away.