Newbie, please help

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
he actually suggested I dont get lessons straight away and just keep hitting the ball as much as possible for a month before lessons

....said the man trying to sell you clubs :p

I don't know anyone who wouldn't benefit from at least a couple of lessons immediately. If you have managed to work out god posture, alignment, grip and stance all by yourself then I'm excited to see what you're capable of over the next year :thup:

But wouldn't it be good to get someone to check this for you? Unless- was the guy at the shop an instructor?

Alternatively, stick a swing video up here and some of the more knowledgeable people on here will be happy to provide free advice.

So- what was the major difference between the Lynx clubs and say the G5s?

BFL

Club Champion
Visit site
....said the man trying to sell you clubs :p

I don't know anyone who wouldn't benefit from at least a couple of lessons immediately. If you have managed to work out god posture, alignment, grip and stance all by yourself then I'm excited to see what you're capable of over the next year :thup:

But wouldn't it be good to get someone to check this for you? Unless- was the guy at the shop an instructor?

Alternatively, stick a swing video up here and some of the more knowledgeable people on here will be happy to provide free advice.

So- what was the major difference between the Lynx clubs and say the G5s?

Yeah I agree, he said grip stance and ball position is good and how he does it but posture needs to be a little bit stronger and swing needs a bit of work to get consistent distance and lines. I dont think he was an instructor but very helpful.

There wasnt much difference between all the clubs really and couldnt notice much at all apart from the lynx were going straight and high everytime. The x12s I kept hitting wrong and it sent a shudder down my arm. The pings were ok but found it harder to get it as high and straight and the razr x felt nice but were way over budget so just picked them up to see the difference in prices really.

still not sure what to do as im sure In the position im in I could learn to uae any club the more I hit it and have been offered a set of x14 for 65 quid so going to go to another shop tomorrow that has them in stock to hit them before making a decision. Theres so many to choose from its hard to know what to do

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
It depends- if you don't care about how much money you'll get back when you inevitably come to sell your irons in 3 months to a years' time, then get whatever you like the look and feel of.

If you do care, go for Ping or Callaway or other big brand- you'll always sell a set of irons for £50 or more.

BFL

Club Champion
Visit site
It depends- if you don't care about how much money you'll get back when you inevitably come to sell your irons in 3 months to a years' time, then get whatever you like the look and feel of.

If you do care, go for Ping or Callaway or other big brand- you'll always sell a set of irons for £50 or more.

Thanks for all your help. I think ill go with the x14 s and see how I get on. Got 1st lesson in a couple of weeks so will see what he says.

BFL

Club Champion
Visit site
Good luck!

Where are you based? You'll never be short of a game on this forum.

Chippenham in wiltshire mate. Was going to ask once all sorted actually as im new to the area and dont know anyone yet. So if anyone close by fancies an easy game give me a shout.