Newbie - Forgiving set of irons???

stuwood32

Visit site
After playing a little when i was younger, i have now taken up the game again (sunday league football is a younger mans sport...)

I have been given a few clubs from various people to kick off with, but have been told im using irons way above my level of play by the pro giving me lessons and a few other lower h/c friends. I have a evil slice to try to cure!

I have a set of Cobra Forged SS irons (3-PW) which are in great nick and want to trade in for some easier to hit clubs. Around £200 to spend on top as well. Any ideas? Been looking at Nike Slingshots and Mizuno MX100's.

Being only 5ft 7 would custom fit be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After playing a little when i was younger, i have now taken up the game again (sunday league football is a younger mans sport...)

I have been given a few clubs from various people to kick off with, but have been told im using irons way above my level of play by the pro giving me lessons and a few other lower h/c friends. I have a evil slice to try to cure!

I have a set of Cobra Forged SS irons (3-PW) which are in great nick and want to trade in for some easier to hit clubs. Around £200 to spend on top as well. Any ideas? Been looking at Nike Slingshots and Mizuno MX100's.

Being only 5ft 7 would custom fit be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome Stu. Those irons you've been looking at are probably going to be much more user-friendly. There's loads of other options but if you like the look of those 2 them give them a bash.

Custom fit may be a good idea, especially if you find the toe of the club sits off the deck when you take your stance.

stuwood32

Visit site
Cheers for the advice.

I was told to look out for some X-20's but they seem a bit out my price range even second hand.

Im going down to my local proshop today to have a chat, they do custom fit with all purchases as well.

Will let you know how i get on.

Cheers!