New Year, New Gear - The Good The Bad And The Ugly

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Kicking this off to separate from Tashy Boy's thread. With the new season fast approaching, it seems at the moment that every day is filled with tons of info on new products being released. Over the past couple of days, have seen some right nasty looking kit being touted. So in that vein, of the new gear you have seen, what does it for you, and what does not?

For me, these are a monstrosity, I'm not a fan of the spongelike neoprene fabric the shoes have taken on recently, but these just look godawful in my opinion (and I'm an Adidas fan boy).

CODECHAOS_Boa_Black-and-Signal-Green_SL.jpg

These Cleveland wedges are also a bit nasty looking. They remind me of some EGG wedges I saw in Japan one time, they may be fantastic to play, but I really don't like the sole on them

cleveland-wedge-630x473.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The trousers worn by Francesco Laporta - at least on the final day - of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. They looked like a pair of trackie bottoms...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That wedge reminds me of the original Alien wedge. Really good in bunkers if all you want to do is to get it out.

sunshine

Visit site
The trousers worn by Francesco Laporta - at least on the final day - of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. They looked like a pair of trackie bottoms...

It was the reflective stripe down the side which put me off. Otherwise I quite liked his outfit... though probably better suited to someone in their 20s

D

Deleted member 15344

CF3C55AB-0697-4143-BBD5-556421042B2C.jpeg924FBA32-1909-4EC4-A70C-86AC791CDFFE.jpegThe “calmer” Adidas shoes and also the new Pro SL

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Those neon Adidas are awful looking.

So glad I bought the much more classy adipure spikeless. Little plain for some but I absolutely love them.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Think I will splash out on a paid of Ecco Biom Hybrid shoes.

Seem to be one of the few pairs of spikeless shoes that are genuinely waterproof.

I currently have a pair of footjoys that are waterproof (not Dry Joys), a pair of Footjoy Fury's that aren't - but are pretty comfy albeit have spikes on them. I also have a fairly old pair of Ashbury spikeless and effectively the Ecco's would replace these. Can wear them from home to course, for practice, range etc. And on away days, don't need two pairs of shoes with me. Loved the Ashbury's for this, but can only wear them on bone dry days (which is probably why they've lasted so long as they don't get worn on the course much and never get wet). Ecco.png

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Seem to be one of the few pairs of spikeless shoes that are genuinely waterproof.

I currently have a pair of footjoys that are waterproof (not Dry Joys), a pair of Footjoy Fury's that aren't - but are pretty comfy albeit have spikes on them. I also have a fairly old pair of Ashbury spikeless and effectively the Ecco's would replace these. Can wear them from home to course, for practice, range etc. And on away days, don't need two pairs of shoes with me. Loved the Ashbury's for this, but can only wear them on bone dry days (which is probably why they've lasted so long as they don't get worn on the course much and never get wet). View attachment 29213

Although they are arguably one of the most waterproof shoes, the style leaves me cold. Looks like something Pavers would make

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I currently have a pair of footjoys that are waterproof (not Dry Joys), a pair of Footjoy Fury's that aren't - but are pretty comfy albeit have spikes on them. I also have a fairly old pair of Ashbury spikeless and effectively the Ecco's would replace these. Can wear them from home to course, for practice, range etc. And on away days, don't need two pairs of shoes with me. Loved the Ashbury's for this, but can only wear them on bone dry days (which is probably why they've lasted so long as they don't get worn on the course much and never get wet). View attachment 29213
i'm a big fan of Ecco, though the new look ones are a bit :sick: you can still get the old style pretty cheap, keep buying the bloody things and now have 5 pairs of BioM spikeless of which i've only worn two pairs and have another 3 pairs with spikes all gortex, again two are still in the box. should keep me going for another couple of years

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
i'm a big fan of Ecco, though the new look ones are a bit :sick: you can still get the old style pretty cheap, keep buying the bloody things and now have 5 pairs of BioM spikeless of which i've only worn two pairs and have another 3 pairs with spikes all gortex, again two are still in the box. should keep me going for another couple of years

Apparently it's 10 years since Boom Boom first wore Ecco spikeless shoes on tour. Ecco are re-releasing the original style shoe in celebration, you can pick up a few more pairs ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Apparently it's 10 years since Boom Boom first wore Ecco spikeless shoes on tour. Ecco are re-releasing the original style shoe in celebration, you can pick up a few more pairs ?
i nice though but pretty much all those pairs i have cost less than half RRP, all got from the local pro shops in Inverness, the last two pairs cost be £50 each