New shafts for a better ball flight! HELP!

OMAAbound

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm looking for some new shafts to help with my ball flight.

I've currently got KBS Tour X in my irons (914MB) it gives me a really good flight in my irons, really high, which is what I wanted. I played much golf in the Middle East where greens were firm and a high flight was required. But now I'm back in the UK I feel the high flight isn't good for links golf and even at my local course.

Even tho I can hit it low with my current shafts/irons combo I feel it get a big long in the tooth. I've previously had S300 shaft but that was a very low flight for me, so I'm looking for something in between

Anyone with some thoughts or advice would be greatfull

Cheers

OMAA

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
C-Tapers?

Touch more of a hitter's shaft, but certainly lower flight.

I don't believe it's worthwhile swapping shafts in current sticks. Make more sense to buysell or sell/buy new/old ones.

Looks like ypur profile (location) needs updating too!

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what's your index? & what's your real average SS with a 6i & real average 6i carry distance?

only real ways is to test some out on launch monitor to really qualify the LA & PH, as it depends on your tempo & speed of load plus release pattern

lower launching iron shafts but all have totally different load, swing & impact feels, because of the different weights & swing profiles
Project X & X pxi's - True Temper Superlites (if the s300's were to hard to work) - Nippon Super peening blue -if you can find them (would stay away from any other Nippon if you want low traj) & as Fox says KBS C -tapers
(most folks find the C -tapers stronger to flex so if the s300's a ways difficult to launch you'd need to hit a good bunch of balls with the tapers to be sure they were for you)

if an issue is shaft weight to SS & launch angle so distance - to what you speak over the s300's - would have a good look at the Superlites & the PXi's