New Shaft or New Club?

Sekiro

Visit site
To cut a long story short this happened the other day...

3BC8FDF9-9841-41E3-BD05-808720467C91.jpeg

So, would it be better to take it to American Golf for reshafting? Or do I just buy a replacement iron from eBay for around £40-50?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow, good work right there! When the same happened to me, twice ??, I sent the head back to ping to be reshafted as it was cheaper than buying a new iron and I kept the same spec as the rest of my irons.

Sekiro

Visit site
Sounds like the full club at £40 is the best option then? As looking at a shaft replacement online the postage and fitting is already getting close to that without buying the appropriate shaft.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any particular reason American Golf is not a good idea?

They are really just interested in selling stuff. A club pro who does club repairs and modifications will be more likely to fit the shaft properly, in my opinion.

A pro can probably identify the shaft for you, and if it is a branded one, identify one closest to it, and may have one in the workshop.

Do you know what the shaft make and model is? Or what model is the club?

Sekiro

Visit site
The shafts a stock Cobra King F7 One Length (True Temper - 107g - Regular Flex - 0.370 Tip - 37.25”).

I’ve dropped it in for a local pro to take a look at, but I have a bad feeling that it’s going to cost me far more than the eBay replacement club price... wait and see I guess

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The shafts a stock Cobra King F7 One Length (True Temper - 107g - Regular Flex - 0.370 Tip - 37.25”).

I’ve dropped it in for a local pro to take a look at, but I have a bad feeling that it’s going to cost me far more than the eBay replacement club price... wait and see I guess

If he quotes you a big number, just say that it isn't worth that to you and do the ebay thing. At least the shafts are all the same length.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree with the comments above and would add that if the pro has any issues of getting the shaft then he'll be able to contact Cobra who I imagine may have some in stock. I don't think AG are interested in club repairs and so if there were issues sourcing the shaft they wouldn't bother or it'll take a long time to sort.

Sekiro

Visit site
I agree with the comments above and would add that if the pro has any issues of getting the shaft then he'll be able to contact Cobra who I imagine may have some in stock. I don't think AG are interested in club repairs and so if there were issues sourcing the shaft they wouldn't bother or it'll take a long time to sort.

Yeah AG didn’t want to know and advised a local pro who would be better suited to complete the repair (at least they were up front and honest about it).