New Range of Skycaddie GPS Devices

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen in this months magazine that Skycaddie have released a new range of more 'basic' GPS devices.

Does anybody know if these are subscription free and whether they use the same maps as the more advanced models. They do appear to come pre-loaded with courses but there is no information as to whether you need to pay each year and no comment on whether they are the same course maps as walked out by Skycaddie staff as opposed to the more general and less accurate ones based on Google Maps etc.

I have started to question the accuracy of my Sonnocaddie map of my course (to be honest, I have never been convinced that it is spot on) and the one thing that you can say about Skycaddie is that they have the most accurate maps. So, if the new models use the detailed information, are pre-loaded and have no annual fee then one could be on my shopping list.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
looks to me like the 'Breeze' is Front/middle/back only and anything else is an upgrade to unlock whats on the device.

Their website really doesnt make it clear but it implies the basic Breeze has basic info but it doesnt actually state no subs.

£230 just for basic info though is pretty steep compared to a Garmin S1 or S3

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
looks to me like the 'Breeze' is Front/middle/back only and anything else is an upgrade to unlock whats on the device.

Their website really doesnt make it clear but it implies the basic Breeze has basic info but it doesnt actually state no subs.

£230 just for basic info though is pretty steep compared to a Garmin S1 or S3

Sort of suspected that there would be some way that Skycaddie would try and extract more cash from you. £230 for front middle and back is way over the top.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
IIRC they are still mapped on foot, and the first year is free (effectively being given the Birdie pack), and then normal subscription. Some of the units deliver only front/middle/back, some can be upgraded to the full hole view etc.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I could have a skycaddie 2.5 going relatively cheap if you are looking for front, middle and back. although there is the £30 a year (or whatever it is)