New putter - New driver -....and a bit of a bargain to boot !!!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After the advice given by the helpful chaps on here , i decided to take the plunge and purchase my new driver and putter. After careful consideration , i opted to go for the Ben Sayers Benny and an Odyssey 2-ball.

It was payday on tuesday and so was meant to visit AG then as i couldn't wait. As it happened , i couldn't make it then and had to wait till today to get there...and what a slice of luck that was. Just as i approached the Benny driver display , a young assistant was just coming away after sticking some very welcome £20 off stickers on 'em :) So , down from £99 to £79 - Result !!!

I also confess that i didn't get the Odyssey 2-ball in the end . I popped into a local shop , mid-week , just to try the putter...agsin ;)...and the shop owner was studying me putting . He suggested a slight change in my stroke , sort of stroked his chin a bit and popped back into the shop and returned with a Yes ! Valerie. After 3 succesive 10 footers in the middle of the hole , i was converted !!! And the price was exactly the same as the Odyssey - Another Result !!!

Anyway , i'm now the proud owner of a New Benny Driver and a new Yes! Valerie putter............

..........and a brand spanking new pair of Footjoy AQL's that i bought because of the money i saved on the driver :cool:

I'm out 2 or 3 times this week so they're definitely gonna get a good workout .

Thanks for the help anyways , lads .

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 Honeymoon periods at the same time, your a lucky man! Hope you enjoy the new clubs, and play well with them.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad to hear someone else has discovered the merits of Yes Putters. :cool:

Btw, not tried the Ben Sayers Benny & it looks quite a nice club tipping its hat towards the latest Titleist drivers.

At one time Ben Sayers used to be a big brand, but in latter years went over to the budget market, think this might be the start for them in an ettempt to start to produce quality products once more. Sounds a good purchase.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Glad to hear someone else has discovered the merits of Yes Putters. :cool:

Yes I've got two yes putters now. A Valerie which I've had for a while now and recently I got a Victoria 11. It's mad, I really like the Victoria but I'm putting well with the Valerie so the Victoria will need to wait until Valerie goes off........I hope you got that :D

D

Deleted member 1147

You sound like a good shopper nomadpaul, wish my girlfriend was half as good at finding bargains. Then she could buy me the odd pint or meal, instead of the other way round!

My first set of clubs (juniors) were bladed Ben Sayers irons, putter and 3 wood.

They looked lovely, but were hard to hit. I assume all junior clubs are cavity now?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use to play Ben Sayers "Ray Floyds" back in the 80's which were a forged blade and on a par with the Slazengers and other top names of their day.

Good stuff on picking up the bargains and I suppose a thumbs up to your AG (they have had a bad press on here from time to time) for not just taking your money and flogging the Odyssey

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nomadpaul, can you let me know which AG it is that is selling the Benny driver for £79.00. A mate is looking for one and is trying to get an online price match as the AG near here is now a Nevada Bobs