New putter grip advice

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im going to be regripping my Nike putter in the near future and am wondering if anyone has done it and what grip they went with.

The tiempo has a golf pride new decade blue fitted but it's too smooth for my liking. A certain popular auction site has millions listed and I'm wondering if there are grips to look for or avoid as I've been told cheap grips go hard very quickly

Cheers, Kev

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Id go with exactly the same grip you're used to. I changed mine on my old putter and the feel was all wrong and my putting suffered. Ended being fitted for a new putter as I was so hacked off with it.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you want a choice of grips check out Gamola. It's only £10 tops for a putter grip so if you don't get on with it then you've not broken the bank

How would you compare them to Winn or black widow? I've never heard of them

Another I've considered is the lamkin crossline putter grip. I have the crossline fitted to my fg tour wedge and quite like it

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
go for a fat grip. changed my grip during the season and so glad i did. another thing to check is your lie angle. make sure the putter sits flush! got my putter bent 2degrees flat and it is perfect now.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did look at the GP tour wrap on t'internet but cant make out if it is smooth or not

I've tried fat grips and 2thumb grips and they just don't feel right so will stick with a mid grip