casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all, I just joined not long ago and thought I'd get involved, I stay in Glasgow, Scotland and have been playing golf a couple of times a year for a number of years just playing with friends for a booze up in the summer, last year I caught the bug and its took over my life and back account, I have started playing as much as possible mostly alone and have really enjoyed it took a few lessons and I'm thinking of joining a club this year, just a we hello to all the members

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WELcome and sorry to hear about your infection. It's a life sentence I'm afraid.

Get stuck in!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some nice tracks, do you know Cowglen have done away with their joining fee, could be an option?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You better attend forum meets i you want to be accepted on here or have certain folk allow you to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Enjoy your stay :whoo:

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi and welcome

Some nice tracks, do you know Cowglen have done away with their joining fee, could be an option?

I looked at Cowglen but its too far for me to travel I need to use public transport most times so something direct on the train is my only realistic option, I will still travel to some courses as a visitor but as a member its got to be closer to home

DCB

Visit site
Welcome aboard. Played Sandyhills and it's a nice enough course. Being a short walk from home is ideal. Get yourself in and get involved and you'll soon make new friends. Same goes for the forum, get involved, and you'll fit right in.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always room for another braveheart :thup: Have you tried Calderbraes GC the 9 hole course where the Zoo use to be, maybe worth a call .

You're welcome to a game at Bellshill GC [ in warmer weather ] if you don't mind playing along with some old codgers.
Keep an eye on the arrange a game thread .

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Always room for another braveheart :thup: Have you tried Calderbraes GC the 9 hole course where the Zoo use to be, maybe worth a call .

You're welcome to a game at Bellshill GC [ in warmer weather ] if you don't mind playing along with some old codgers.
Keep an eye on the arrange a game thread .

Yeah I quite liked that wee course I think there is 2 9 hole courses there less than a mile from each other I could be wrong though, I'll definitely take you up on your offer I'm always looking for like minded people I might even learn something,

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I quite liked that wee course I think there is 2 9 hole courses there less than a mile from each other I could be wrong though, I'll definitely take you up on your offer I'm always looking for like minded people I might even learn something,

:thup: Cambuslang GC must be the other 9 holer

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all, I just joined not long ago and thought I'd get involved, I stay in Glasgow, Scotland and have been playing golf a couple of times a year for a number of years just playing with friends for a booze up in the summer, last year I caught the bug and its took over my life and back account, I have started playing as much as possible mostly alone and have really enjoyed it took a few lessons and I'm thinking of joining a club this year, just a we hello to all the members

Hi & welcome.

Hope you enjoy your golf. Once you've caught the bug it's terminal - you stay infected till you're dead :D