New lockdown will courses close?

D

Deleted member 15344

Can you show me your info please as need to make plans if what I'm seeing is wrong
Briefing we have had from work and all the hotels being prepared to open back up on the 3rd Dec after lockdown ends - also including the Wednesday would mean it would be a full 4 weeks as lock down started on the Thursday at 00:01

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Driving tests and lessons were originally supposed to restart on the 2nd until DVSA realised they'd made the same mistake as, seemingly, many have and changed to restarting on the 3rd.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Briefing we have had from work and all the hotels being prepared to open back up on the 3rd Dec after lockdown ends - also including the Wednesday would mean it would be a full 4 weeks as lock down started on the Thursday at 00:01
I'm even more confused. My Work told me that it's Wednesday. They've even booked me on a course ?. I'm desperate to dodge that course so Thursday is good with me

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm even more confused. My Work told me that it's Wednesday. They've even booked me on a course ?

I suspect they should clarify it more tomorrow on the exact timings - well hopefully they should to give people time to plan

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm even more confused. My Work told me that it's Wednesday. They've even booked me on a course ?. I'm desperate to dodge that course so Thursday is good with me
Unfortunately a lot of people can’t do basic counting. Lockdown started at 0001 on a Thursday morning and lasts for 4 weeks so that means it lasts until 2359/0000 Wednesday night.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately a lot of people can’t do basic counting. Lockdown started at 0001 on a Thursday morning and lasts for 4 weeks so that means it lasts until 2359/0000 Wednesday night.
The bbc news just this second said "on Wednesday the 2nd the lockdown will be replaced with a tougher teir system".
If it was 0000 Wednesday night they would have said Thursday.

Also, the lockdown always said to the 2nd. We all presumed 4 weeks

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The bbc news just this second said "on Wednesday the 2nd the lockdown will be replaced with a tougher teir system".
If it was 0000 Wednesday night they would have said Thursday.

Im
Very much with you on this. Everything says ‘up to Weds’ and ‘until weds’ so either it’s weds, or the government website has worded it VERY badly

D

Deleted member 16999

Seen a few notices in this area saying Gyms are planning to re-open on the Wednesday unless the Government extend the Lockdown.

So not just Golfers who maybe confused.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it was 0000 Wednesday night they would have said Thursday

Taken from gov website

On Thursday 5 November these national restrictions replaced the Local Covid Alert Level measures.
The new measures will apply nationally for four weeks up to Wednesday 2 December. At the end of that period, we will return to a regional approach, based on the latest data.

if you booked a holiday at work from 5th Nov to 2nd dec would you go back on the 2nd or 3rd?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Did post this in another thread but here seems better.

I'm not happy with mine, Open from midnight today to book for 2 weeks time, all slots to fill up if necessary. So a 2 ball or 3 ball will have players added to them. Non members allowed after a week. No change to intervals every 8 minutes.

Personally I only play with my son in our own bubble, don't want to play with strangers or people I do not know and be happy they follow the rules correctly. I appreciate they need the income but I need safety, my wife is high risk with holes in her lungs currently so it looks like I will have to play at my sons other course which I am not a member of until things clear down. It could be it is not as busy, fishing last week was a lot quieter than it had been so maybe golf will as well.

Not sure of the solution currently but I am doing my bit, I renewed in the middle of shut down and paid up, cost of around £1,000 I would liek to think it's worth something and not playing with 2 people I don't know while Covid is still out and about but it think its more likely I will not play there.

Agree wholeheartedly with your way of playing during Covid.
It is still the main objective- to avoid Covid- , more important than playing golf in situations you're not happy with.
It's for each to decide their way so long as it doesn't impact others: I also play with only (two )others who I trust to be sensible.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I work for the civil service. They couldn't wait to book my course on the Wednesday ?‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-170914.png
    Screenshot_20201122-170914.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 22

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hovis turn up for the course and if it not going ahead then claim for the wasted time and book a days extra holiday mate. Don’t you lose out?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst I believe the lockdown still exists on Wed 2nd, the wording of "up to Wednesday 2nd" means that it should finish at midnight Tuesday.

I just think they've worded it poorly.
LBC website has this exact wording. Mass confusion

Attachments

• A9E48503-95DD-4933-B5BA-C0ECF5D3D9A4.png
    A9E48503-95DD-4933-B5BA-C0ECF5D3D9A4.png
    522.3 KB · Views: 23